9/24 - How about we clinch some playoffs tonight vs. the MFY!

spleen1015

17 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Weird: Suzyn Waldman (Yankees color announcer) just oveerconfidently corrected her booth partner (the recently unretired John Sterling) that the TJ McFarland that is pitching for the A's is definitely not the one that used to pitch for the O's because he must be around "45" now. But it's the same player.

Re: the Silent K or J, Sterling pronounces Heston's name "Djerstad."

Was she on drugs?

Feels good to have our guys back in the lineup. Feels like a much better team with this group. I'm thinking of how nice it would be to have Jorge Mateo as an option, but we still have most of the main cast of players back together again. We needed these 3 right handers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Feels good to have our guys back in the lineup. Feels like a much better team with this group. I'm thinking of how nice it would be to have Jorge Mateo as an option, but we still have most of the main cast of players back together again. We needed these 3 right handers.

I was thinking the same thing - Mateo adds something we don't have.   I would even like Hays available on the bench

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Could it be...

• Boost from Ramon and Westburg
  • Pitching coming together
  • Defense coming together
  • Hyde moves starting to work

The makings of a run? 

I like what I've seen tonight, but I'm not going to start talking about a run when we currently have a zero game winning streak!

Haha Waldman and Sterling, after marveling at the number of good O's players that have returned to action the last two days, comment: "With all of those back now, they could still pull it [the division title]!"

Just now, LA2 said:

Haha Waldman and Sterling, after marveling at the number of good O's players that have returned to action the last two days, comment: "With all of those back now, they could still pull it [the division title]!"

Do they know basic math, lol?

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Could it be...

• Boost from Ramon and Westburg
  • Pitching coming together
  • Defense coming together
  • Hyde moves starting to work

The makings of a run? 

Was surprised to hear Sterling and Waldman say the reinforced O's could now actually make a run for the div. title.