Is Matt Wieters >Adley?

bub668

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I'm hated in my friend group right now bc when I saw the Adley TikTok videos with his new girl doing Carls jr reviews in the early part of his elongated slump, I stated very clearly he sux now bc he's a Simp. 

He is a huge Simp now and a narcissist girl can absolutely destroy a life, which I think is the case here

Been using terms like "Sadly Buttman," "Simply Suxmann," Adley with another "Simp Job" etc etc. Also, Adley is such a simp in juxtaposition to the badassness if McCann too

Trade him this offseason for pitching, resign McCann (who I have nicknamed Downtown James) and start grooming Basallo for the job 

Sounds like I would like your friends.

People blaming Adley’s girlfriend and TikTok, do folks not realize that Adley was hitting very well as recently as middle of July? You know, after these girlfriend TikToks?

Folks, I hate to break it to you: but baseball players have girlfriends and wives. Stop blaming women you dildos.

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I really, really, really hope at the end of the season we hear that he was playing hurt for the second half. It's not just his offense, but his defense has seriously declined as well. If he's been healthy, then Basallo may take over faster than we thought. He and Gunnar both started the all star game and haven't been the same since. Gunnar was on route to an MVP caliber season, and then just fell off a cliff. 

If he was hurt and didn't disclose it that is troubling. The team could have gotten someone else and perhaps he could have healed up by now. I know Hyde said that he was good to go after he sat out with back trouble.

If he isn't injured more than normal catcher wear and tear, his declining skills will cost his bank account dearly. I hope he can get back to being the player he was.

16 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

To be fair, since Gil's career OPS is .613, (only .28 points higher than Adley's second half .585) its almost a certainty that Gil spent plenty of time hitting quite a bit worse.  In 2005, for example, his OPS was just .532.

I think we can both agree we'd prefer to have neither this version of Adley nor Geronimo Gil...

9 minutes ago, phxosfan said:

If he was hurt and didn't disclose it that is troubling. The team could have gotten someone else and perhaps he could have healed up by now. I know Hyde said that he was good to go after he sat out with back trouble.

If he isn't injured more than normal catcher wear and tear, his declining skills will cost his bank account dearly. I hope he can get back to being the player he was.

That's true. I guess it would be bad if he had an injury that they DID know about and did nothing.