10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

It is a poorly constructed  roster that never had a chance to compete for a championship

No high OBP hitters, no +defenders, no closer and sadly no path to fix all the roster holes for next season either

Mike Elias really knows how to make a roster

Good players hitting poorly is not on Elias.  You put that lineup out there and at the start of the year everyone's pretty happy to see those names.  Can't help that they all suck, no one saw that coming.

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Good players hitting poorly is not on Elias.  You put that lineup out there and at the start of the year everyone's pretty happy to see those names.  Can't help that they all suck, no one saw that coming.

The hitting philosophy in this organization is COMPLETELY on Elias

1 minute ago, Wavetrapper said:

It’s amazing how things have changed in 12 months 

Yeah this team looked on the verge of being a dominating great team for four or five years.  I don't have that feeling about this team at all now.  Right now I think we are just a little above .500 next year.  We do not seem on the verge of dominating anything. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't know if the Orioles would have taken Gunnar with the 1st overall 2nd round pick had they picked Booby Witt, but there is no doubt picking Bobby Witt would have been better than taking Adley Rutschman in that first draft.

It's hard to remember what I was thinking at that time with accuracy...I'm sure we could go back and dig up posts with people's thoughts and reactions but I was stoked about Adley, I'd wanted us to take him #1 all year.

Looking back on it...duh.  Why take a catcher over a hyper-athletic middle infielder with a strong baseball pedigree.  

It seems so obvious now.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Royals hit well in RISP. The Orioles do not. That will be the difference in this series.

It's pretty nuts the difference.

Orioles: 251, 741 OPS

Royals: 282, 794 OPS

Royals have nearly 50 extra RBI w/ RISP in 20 less AB!

Just now, dtk9119 said:

The hitting philosophy in this organization is COMPLETELY on Elias

it was on him last year too, when we had one of the best offenses in the game.  There's more to the story and given our local media, we will probably never know what it is.

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yes, yes we can. I can show you posts from last post season saying we need a better, more consistent hitter. I advocated to get J. D. Martinez