Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

Typical Yankee bs. Torre denies culpability I bet too.

I think Trembley yanked DCab with 2 out and none on in the 7th because he thought DCab was going to plunk the next batter. We'll get them. If an O is hit tomorrow BEDARD BETTER HIT JETER OR AROD.

I wouldn't mind seeing someone drilled, but I do NOT want Bedard to be the guy to do it. Let's see Bedard go through 7. When he leaves, and the team has the lead, bring in Shuey or someone to knock the Golden Boy on his can. I'm fine with that. But, there's no need to fire up that offense and add an extra man on base for Bedard. I'd rather have his revenge be making that overpaid lineup look like a youth softball team.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I told the Mrs. last night. Torre and the Yankees are classless enough to intentionally hit an Oriole EARLY in the game just so that both benches get warned. Then Bedard has to watch his pitches all game and worry about coming inside, etc. Its a great way for the Yankees to throw Bedard off his game.

And before you all tell me that Torre is not classless, look at all the times this type of thing happens with his team! Just last week the Jays and Yanks got into a back and forth that leaded to 2 or 3 bench clearing altercations. That's the game Clemens got the 5 game suspension for.

Then so be it. If they drill a guy, let's drive him in the get back at them. Let's see Millar blast another into the lF seats to get back at them. And, let's see Bedard mow them all down to get back at them. Screw the Yanks. We don't need to be intimidated by them, and we don't need to play their pretentious ego games. Let's just beat them. If a situation arises late in the game where someone like Shuey might accidentally put one in the special spot that Jeter reserves for Arod, then oops. But, it should definitely not be a goal for this game.

Didn't see a thread about it. (Sorry if I missed it.)

Tejada and Markakis both got drilled. Tejada was hit in the shoulder, and when I say shoulder, I mean deltoid, not middle of the upper arm. The pitch was too close too his head IMO. I didn't know if that was an accident or not but then Markakis got drilled later smack in the middle of his back. Our #3 and #4 hitters hit in those locations? That cannot be coincidence.

At this time, I was hoping that Cabrera would drill a Yankee or too in retaliation but Arod, Jeter and Posada had already been removed from the game. I didn't want them to drill someone like Phillips or Molina.

So I hope that there is a situation tomorrow where we can drill either Arod or Jeter, preferably both.

I don't advocate doing it in a situation where the outcome of the game hangs in the balance, but I hope there is a more favorable situation that allows for it.

How do others feel?

That really irritated me.

Trembley stated in his post game interview... that he instructed DCab NOT to get into a revenge game.... I presume it won't be any different today...

What Bedard needs to do is go out and throw 7-8 innings of shutout baseball. That is all. The O's need to win this series and do everything they can to keep the Yankees out of the playoffs. Throwing at someone doesn't help that cause one bit. A win tonight will hurt them far more than a fastball in the butt.

Bedard isn't that type of pitcher and I'd be very surprised if he beaned someone today. Whenever you hear him speak it's about winning the game and hitting a batter doesn't win the game. I'd like him to pitch 7 or 8 strong innings and then let Hoey come in and throw that high 90's missile into the fair Miss Rodriguez's back. If you smell what the Hoey is cooking.

Smells like crab cakes with a hint of Oriole domination.

I'm still fuming over that BS last night! There's no doubt the Markakis one was intentional. Torre knew it too, why else would he pull half his starters after the top of the 7th? With that lineup and three innings of at-bats left for them there's no way he pulls his guys unless he's afraid of one of them getting hurt in retaliation. You can say what you want about Buck and Dempsey but they both know baseball and they were both steaming mad about that nonsense. I wanted Danny to come back out and uncork a 99mph missile right at Jeter/Arod. This is the kind of sh!t that really burns me up about the Yankees, they start acting like spoiled brats because we're stomping them in their place and then ESPN and the AP recounts of the game don't even mention any of that. I've always respected Clemens in that way, you know with him that if you hit one of his, he's gonna hit one of yours, no if's and's or but's about it. Hopefully the opportunity presents itself for some payback this afternoon. And by that I mean we've got the game well in-hand, Bedard has just left after 8 innings, giving up three hits, no runs and 9 k's. O's are up 7 to zip and Trembley sends some schlub in to do the dirty work, drill the first batter, if you don't get tossed after that drill the next one too, which should just about take care of that!

4 scenarios:

1. We're up big - ab-so-lute-ly (in the 9th)

2. We're up with a smaller lead. No way - it is far more valuable to win EVERY series against them so far than to motivate them.

3. We're down but within reach. No - see #2

4. We're down big - DRILL AWAY!

This is the kind of BS that always pisses me off with this team. Our guys get drilled intentionally (no doubt about the second one), and we always take the high road, and let by gones be by gones. Last night the Yanks still had Matsui and Abreu in the line up at the end of the game, and both should have gotten a fastball in the teeth. This afternoon Jeter should get one in the chops first time up, first pitch. If he gets injured then so be it; it'll be a lesson to the Yanks pitching staff about starting bean ball wars.

It's about a larger principal than than winning one ballgame -- it's about a fundimental lack of respect from an organization that thinks the sun rises and sets on their say so, and that teams like the Orioles are patsies.

If the O's want to stop being patsies then friggin' stop acting like patsies.

I'm not sure if the HBP's were intentional. I mean, the Yankees basically lost last night's game, and a game in the standings, because of Clemens getting into beanball war. The only reason Karstens was on the mound was because Clemens got into it with the Blue Jays. If he's on the mound I doubt we score 12 runs.

I'm not sure if the HBP's were intentional. I mean, the Yankees basically lost last night's game, and a game in the standings, because of Clemens getting into beanball war. The only reason Karstens was on the mound was because Clemens got into it with the Blue Jays. If he's on the mound I doubt we score 12 runs.

No one accused them of being smart, just poor losers.

No way we let Tejada and Markakis got plucked and not protect them. It should happen today if the situation presents itself and has to involve Jeter or A Rod. I'm sick and tired of Torre and La Russa always playing the innocent victims claiming their pitchers just didn't have command while other teams were deliberate. The O's still have 6 games left with Yanks so plenty of time to retaliate.

Clearly, the Markakis one was intentional, I can't see how anyone could dispute that. However, I stand firm that it was Villone acting like a tough guy to his teammates, and not via Torre's instruction. Just as i feel Clemens acted alone in plunking Rios, which was in retaliation mind you. Say what you will about him, and I can't stand Clemens, but the guy will stand up for teammates and seek revenge.

I do believe the O's should do something, but not to injure someone. Markakis was hit in the back, with no intention of injury in my opinion. I'd rather it be A Rod personally, I don't see Jeter doing unlcassy things out there ever, A ROd can be a real putz sometimes. Giambi or Abreu would be solid choices too. Don't expect it today, like I said earlier, but somewhere down the line.

Archived