Some stuff I've heard

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears they are trying to get a pre-draft deal. We might be trying to save $ for the later over-slot picks and int'l signings.

Why are we saving any money? We've got tons of $ to spend. It makes no sense!

Spend on the draft!

Why are we saving any money? We've got tons of $ to spend. It makes no sense!

Spend on the draft!

Buddy...Relax.

If we can make a splash on the int'l scene and in the later picks then it will all balance out. Remember we're in the top 5 in spending on draft picks the last few years, but now we're getting into the international scene. RELAX.

Buddy...Relax.

If we can make a splash on the int'l scene and in the later picks then it will all balance out. Remember we're in the top 5 in spending on draft picks the last few years, but now we're getting into the international scene. RELAX.

We are? Stockstill said we aren't spending on bonus babies. I think you are kidding yourself.

If we go back to slot drafting, I will lose all remaining confidence I had in Andy MacPhail.

Actions speak louder than words and MacPhail is saying we'll pay the big $ to get premium talent. Hobgood is not premium talent!

It appears they are trying to get a pre-draft deal. We might be trying to save $ for the later over-slot picks and int'l signings.
Pathetic. AM doesn't want to get his feelings hurt in negotiations, so lets take a 15-30 talent at #5 so we can avoid any unpleasantness.

Your number 1 pick, especially in the top 5, is arguably more important than all the others combined. I don't care who we sign internationally. Hobgood would be a bad pick, plain and simple.

We are? Stockstill said we aren't spending on bonus babies. I think you are kidding yourself.

If we go back to slot drafting, I will lose all remaining confidence I had in Andy MacPhail.

Actions speak louder than words and MacPhail is saying we'll pay the big $ to get premium talent. Hobgood is not premium talent!

Who are you trying to kid? We already know you have no confidence in the man.

May I ask how the Pirates, at #3, can already make a deal with a player?

I don't know MLB Draft rules, but how's this possible? I'm just tryign to compare to the NFL Draft.

(Couldn't, hypothetically, the Nat pick him?)

It's a tentative deal.

May I ask how the Pirates, at #3, can already make a deal with a player?

I don't know MLB Draft rules, but how's this possible? I'm just tryign to compare to the NFL Draft.

(Couldn't, hypothetically, the Nat pick him?)

This just means they have agreed to terms of a deal and if he's available they will select him. They don't have the right to sign him until he's been drafted. In this case it's not a big deal to make it public because no one in their right minds would select Sanchez in the top 3 picks.

I just don't get how Hobgood is the best player available at #5.... I do not get it.

I can't wait til AM is interviewed, and have him try to say it with a straight face. "He was the best player still available."

The LA Times also had a write up on Hobgood. He is definitely blowing up. I wonder if the Orioles will keep him on the mound. I had a chance to watch his team play in the playoffs last year against an area high school. He did not pitch in the game but played first and had a couple hits. He has huge. He was a man amongst boys.

Archived