6/18: Mets at O's, the rubber game

PaulFolk

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have had 11 years of losing in part because of a lack of toughness, not to mention bad players. We have a new group on the way. You have to let them learn and fight throughrough spots. I am not satisfied with 6 inning pitchers. He got the first two guys and then gave up 2 hits. I like that he was back out there and seemed like he wanted to be. You can call it horrible managing. I will call it having a commitment to the guy and letting him learn.

No offense man but this toughness argument is a problem that I believe alot of people in baseball have........its the toughness argument that keeps pitchers pitching when they are sore and when their pitch count is exceeding the proper amount......big surprise that most of these pitchers end up either injured or losing the stuff that they previously had......my argument was not about toughness.....it was about a pitcher who I felt was getting tired and losing his stuff and since the O's only have a one run lead, I believe its a moronic move to keep him in there

it was about a pitcher who I felt was getting tired and losing his stuff and since the O's only have a one run lead, I believe its a moronic move to keep him in there

So, you think DT and RK are moronic because they decided he was worth a shot at 1 more inning... an inning in which he got the first guy out on 2 pitches and K'd the 2nd guy. They're right there at the game, and with him in the dugout, and they did something moronic, is that right?

No offense man but this toughness argument is a problem that I believe alot of people in baseball have........its the toughness argument that keeps pitchers pitching when they are sore and when their pitch count is exceeding the proper amount......big surprise that most of these pitchers end up either injured or losing the stuff that they previously had......my argument was not about toughness.....it was about a pitcher who I felt was getting tired and losing his stuff and since the O's only have a one run lead, I believe its a moronic move to keep him in there

None taking VC....arguing about baseball makes it fun. As for the pitch count. I see no problem having them throw 110-120. The toughness I was referring to was mental toughness. I want starter going 7 and 8. DT gets killed for over using the BP. There are only two ways to cut that back. Starters going deep and relievers staying in longer. He has begun doing that with the relievers( more than one inning and it seems like the starters are being stretched. I like it.

Archived