The Albert Pujols Debate

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys are getting tested all the time, and clearly MLB isn't playing favorites as far as who is getting suspended if caught (Manny). There is zero reason to believe he's not clean.

Except that the guys who make the roids/hgh are ahead of the mlb testing standards. They're constantly coming out with new stuff to keep ahead of testing.

Passing a test doesn't mean a thing.

I'm beginning to feel numb over all the PED happenings the last few years. I start to wonder if some of the truly special players used PED's, then I start wondering if I even care. Some of them I still support, others could disappear and I wouldn't even blink.

Nothing jumps out at me and screams Fat Albert used them. I hope he didn't, but I wouldn't be crushed if he did. Same with Manny. Even after the positive test I'm a big fan of Manny.

I do hold it against Bonds, but I'm not sure why. Probably because of the records broken, but most likely because of his personality. I guess I won't turn on a player for using but if I didn't like them anyway, good riddance. Oh well.

Except that the guys who make the roids/hgh are ahead of the mlb testing standards. They're constantly coming out with new stuff to keep ahead of testing.

Passing a test doesn't mean a thing.

If that's true, then there's no way any of these guys can win in the court of public opinion. It's sickening to me that this is the first thing we think of when guys put up big numbers.

I'm beginning to feel numb over all the PED happenings the last few years. I start to wonder if some of the truly special players used PED's, then I start wondering if I even care. Some of them I still support, others could disappear and I wouldn't even blink.

Nothing jumps out at me and screams Fat Albert used them. I hope he didn't, but I wouldn't be crushed if he did. Same with Manny. Even after the positive test I'm a big fan of Manny.

I do hold it against Bonds, but I'm not sure why. Probably because of the records broken, but most likely because of his personality. I guess I won't turn on a player for using but if I didn't like them anyway, good riddance. Oh well.

Great post, and this is exactly what I've been saying for years. It's so absurd that we (fans in general) hold different guys to different standards. We lambaste Jay Gibbons around here, but Brian Roberts is still a hero (which I think he is, but the point still applies). It makes no sense. You can't be on one side or the other based on convenience. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are jerks, but it doesn't mean they were "more" guilty than fun loving Manny Ramirez or men of the communities like Brian Roberts and Andy Pettitte..

Great post, and this is exactly what I've been saying for years. It's so absurd that we (fans in general) hold different guys to different standards. We lambaste Jay Gibbons around here, but Brian Roberts is still a hero (which I think he is, but the point still applies). It makes no sense. You can't be on one side or the other based on convenience. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are jerks, but it doesn't mean they were "more" guilty than fun loving Manny Ramirez or men of the communities like Brian Roberts and Andy Pettitte..

You feel numb to it, yet you keep getting worked up in every PED debate ;)

In honor of Independence Day, he is innocent until proven guilty, so in my eyes he is clean. I'm sure he has passed at least one test a season. Let's not forget that he would have won more than just the 2 MVPs he currently has if not for Bonds.

Pujols has not won a home run title, but has won a batting title and I didn't know this until I just looked it up, his career OPS is a staggering 1058. Not many people know this (I'm sure most people on these boards do though) that he played both corner outfield positions, first and third, and even played two innings of shortstop his second year. The guy is just a phenomenal baseball player and we should believe he is innocent until the MLB suspends him for 50 games.

Archived