7/7 - O's @ M's... Can we solve Bedard?

The Rick

I would have to see it again, but it looked to me as if Reimold reached second base when the throw hit the mound, not when the CF released it.
That angle is worthless. Reimold stopped and was standing still when the throw passed him.

In all likelihood he was past the bag at the time of the throw. But, none of the camera angels are good enough. MASN freezed an angle with Reimold past the bag standing still (actually heading back towards second) as the throw bounced on the mound. But that point in time is irrelevant to the call.

I'd bet a lot of money that Reimold was past the bag. But nobody can prove he was based on the angles MASN has shown.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hunter is an idiot.

"We clearly saw there that Reimold was beyond the base at the time of the throw". NO WE DIDN'T BECAUSE MASN NEVER SHOWED US BOTH REIMOLD AND GUTIERREZ AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!

I definitely think Reimold was most likely past the bag. But saying we saw video evidence of it is nothing short of a lie.

Right. This time Hunter read the rule correctly. But then he and Palmer both confuse the diff between where Reimold was when the OF'er threw it vs. where he was when we saw the throw come in to the IF. Very surprised Palmer goofed it up, Hunter not so much...

The M's being four games over .500 gives me even more hope that if we can get some good pitching next year, we could see a big improvement. Our lineup is better than theirs now and should continue to get better. Now it's a big IF that we get the type of pitching they are getting this year, because our young guys are going to have some struggles, but it's something to hope for. :scratchchinhmm:

Hunter is an idiot.

"We clearly saw there that Reimold was beyond the base at the time of the throw". NO WE DIDN'T BECAUSE MASN NEVER SHOWED US BOTH REIMOLD AND GUTIERREZ AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!

I definitely think Reimold was most likely past the bag. But saying we saw video evidence of it is nothing short of a lie.

To be fair, he may not mean it in a literal sense but he could just be using common sense as Nolan couldn't have been more than three feet from the bag and the ball had just landed in CF (and the fielder had yet to pick it up). I'm sure Reimold could have made the next three feet before the fielder picked up the ball and threw it (not saying you don't think that).

Yeah, the umps explanation is horrible. He wasn't hustling? SO... you're now punishing our players for supposedly not hustling, by completely ignoring the rule book?

Not sure where the ump quote came from. Is it from when DT was yelling at him? Maybe the ump was telling DT that if his runner had just run hard, he *would* have been past 2B when the OF'er threw it, but since he didn't run hard, he wasn't... maybe that's what sent DT to Defcon One.

The M's being four games over .500 gives me even more hope that if we can get some good pitching next year' date=' we could see a big improvement. Our lineup is better than theirs now and should continue to get better. Now it's a big IF that we get the type of pitching they are getting this year, because our young guys are going to have some struggles, but it's something to hope for. :scratchchinhmm:[/quote']

Our lineup is better than theirs? :rofl:

Have you watched either game?

Okay, I admit that watching Roberts, Jones, and Markakis flailing away at every pitcher sent against us lately has got me on edge. But this team is more than a couple of starting pitchers away from being decent. And, the hitters have to take their share of the blame for the woeful games we've been seeing.

To be fair, he may not mean it in a literal sense but he could just be using common sense as Nolan couldn't have been more than three feet from the bag and the ball had just landed in CF (and the fielder had yet to pick it up). I'm sure Reimold could have made the next three feet before the fielder picked up the ball and threw it (not saying you don't think that).
I understand the benefit of the doubt, and like I said I fully believe he was past the bag. But I don't think Hunter understands the rule even after reading it on air a couple times.

Not sure where the ump quote came from. Is it from when DT was yelling at him? Maybe the ump was telling DT that if his runner had just run hard, he *would* have been past 2B when the OF'er threw it, but since he didn't run hard, he wasn't... maybe that's what sent DT to Defcon One.

I'm not incredibly sure of how it was said or how it went down as I've been switching back and forth from a dvd and the O's game. What I stated was just what I heard Hunter and Palmer say. So I assumed they heard something said between DT and the ump.

Archived