July 29 - KC vs Tillman & the O's

TonySoprano

This will be the last inning Tillman pitches tonight. Considering the circumstances, I'll give him a "C-". Three HR's in 4 2/3rd innings, three ER's, but a long rain delay, and a lot of warm-up pitches.

If we lose, it'll be because once AGAIN we couldn't hit with RISP when we had Greinke on the ropes.

How does this outing get a C-? 3 HRs suck but they were all solo shots.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Buck's right. He's tired.

Yeah, he looks gassed. Everything is up...

He's done... Not a good debut but oh well, lots of factors were not in his favor.

Nice to see the fans give him a nice ovation but really, he didn't throw very well. He actually had the worse debut of any of our rookie starters this year.

Things will get better for him, but for a team that needed a lift, he didn't provide it unfortunately...

Thorne cracks me up...

He just said, "slider outside" on a low 94-mph fastball. I really wonder what he's looking sometimes.

I had typed the same thing but decided against posting it. He must make 15 mistakes per game - I don't have that kind of time. :)

This will be the last inning Tillman pitches tonight. Considering the circumstances, I'll give him a "C-". Three HR's in 4 2/3rd innings, three ER's, but a long rain delay, and a lot of warm-up pitches.

If we lose, it'll be because once AGAIN we couldn't hit with RISP when we had Greinke on the ropes.

Agreed, anyone who disagrees is drinking too much orange kool-aid. C- is not his pitching potential grade. It is his GAME grade. If Guthrie gave up 3 HRs in a combined 2 innings, he would be ripped apart, scoring a D-.

Archived