July 29 - KC vs Tillman & the O's

TonySoprano

An ERA of basically 6, not making it to five IP, three HR's to the Royals, missing spots up in the zone, and not commanding your curveball are bad man. This sort of start by Guthrie would have board up in arms about how many HR's he gives up.

It was the kid's first start, and I've seen a lot worse debuts. But he didn't pitch well tonight, and a C- would be generous if it weren't for the circumstances of a long rain delay, rookie debut, etc.

I still like his fastball, and he didn't seem rattled by anything. His change-up looked DEVESTATING a couple times. But he had a pretty bad start as far as starts go.

Only if you compare him to other ESTABLISHED major leaguers. Sure, he didn't have the start we'd hoped for, but "pretty bad" just seems a bit much for me. Maybe it's just semantics.

Either way, I wish everyone on this board would just chill out and see the bigger picture. Remember how GREAT Berken pitched in his first start this year? How's that going for him now? Just because a guy has a great start, doesn't mean he'll have continued success, nor does it mean if Tillman puts up a less than terrific first outing that he will continue to struggle.

Tillman will be fine.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh like you've never dreamed of jumping in a pool of cushions.

Dream about it, that's how I spend my weekends.

Seriously though we used to load up empty cardboard boxes in the receiving area when I worked at Petsmart and just go run and dive into them. You wouldn't think it would be fun but it was.

Archived