Daniel Cabrera's return...in AAA Reno

Boy Howdy

Cabrera started for the AAA Reno Aces last night, and it didn't go well.

1 inning

4 hits

6 runs (all earned)

3 walks

no K's

taken deep by Mitchell Jones

He suffered the loss in Reno's 8-4 defeat

Thanks Boom, I would love to know what his velocity was.

Cabrera started for the AAA Reno Aces last night, and it didn't go well.

1 inning

4 hits

6 runs (all earned)

3 walks

no K's

taken deep by Mitchell Jones

He suffered the loss in Reno's 8-4 defeat

Just checked in on the MLB section of the board, and the top 2 threads are 2 of my favorite players, Jeter and DCab. One of them is having an MVP type season...These numbers make me sad. I wish DCab the best.

Just checked in on the MLB section of the board, and the top 2 threads are 2 of my favorite players, Jeter and DCab. One of them is having an MVP type season...These numbers make me sad. I wish DCab the best.

Beaner, I'm fine with you liking Jeter... as you know I've even been known to defend him myself on a couple of occasions... but do you really have to call him one of your favorite players? :(;)

Beaner, I'm fine with you liking Jeter... as you know I've even been known to defend him myself on a couple of occasions... but do you really have to call him one of your favorite players? :(;)

The more I watch other players and their attitudes, the more I appreciate Jeter. He's one of the players I repsect the most, is that fair?

The more I watch other players and their attitudes, the more I appreciate Jeter. He's one of the players I repsect the most, is that fair?

Yeah, until he goes home and runs around in his S & M basement feeding little captive kids through the bars on the walls.;)

All I'm saying is that we do not truly know these people. Yes, Jeter has done a lot for the community and charities and he probably is a stand-up guy, but who really knows what kind of person he is.

It's great to look up to people and be a fan of someone but we just don't know. Sorry Beaner.:o

Yeah, until he goes home and runs around in his S & M basement feeding little captive kids through the bars on the walls.;)

All I'm saying is that we do not truly know these people. Yes, Jeter has done a lot for the community and charities and he probably is a stand-up guy, but who really knows what kind of person he is.

It's great to look up to people and be a fan of someone but we just don't know. Sorry Beaner.:o

All true, but we can say that about any famous person who seemingly is a good person. I'm not saying I want to hang out with him or have him babysit my kids, I just enjoy watching him play, and respect the way he handles himself on and off the field.

All true, but we can say that about any famous person who seemingly is a good person. I'm not saying I want to hang out with him or have him babysit my kids, I just enjoy watching him play, and respect the way he handles himself on and off the field.

Damn it, your logic is getting in the way of my irrational hatred.:cussing::angryfire:

Damn it, your logic is getting in the way of my irrational hatred.:cussing::angryfire:

At least you admit the irrational part..It seems to me that the better Jeter plays this year, and the fact that the "big names" remain in the news for all the wrong reasons, while he just plays the game, the hatred has seemed to die down a little. Maybe, just maybe people are coming to their senses a little. I've always said that the only reason he's ever been "overrated" is because no one could ever be as good as the media made Jeter. Does that make sense?

At least you admit the irrational part..It seems to me that the better Jeter plays this year, and the fact that the "big names" remain in the news for all the wrong reasons, while he just plays the game, the hatred has seemed to die down a little. Maybe, just maybe people are coming to their senses a little. I've always said that the only reason he's ever been "overrated" is because no one could ever be as good as the media made Jeter. Does that make sense?

Absolutely, and there is no doubt that he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I guess my main reason for hating him is that he has been the face of the franchise of the MFY's for so long. Also, the overrating of him is a little annoying too, but it's mostly the first reason.

Absolutely, and there is no doubt that he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. I guess my main reason for hating him is that he has been the face of the franchise of the MFY's for so long. Also, the overrating of him is a little annoying too, but it's mostly the first reason.

I'm sure that's the reason for most. I'll be honest, I "hated" him too until a few years ago. I met him and Joe Torre during a radio event in 2001 or so, and he seemed like a genuine good guy. After all the steroid crap and seeing that he's never had an issue off the field, I decided to call myself a "fan" of his. I'm not a Yankee fan obviously, but I really have a lot of respect for Jeter and Rivera and the way they go about things. They represent the game on and off the field pretty well.

I'm sure that's the reason for most. I'll be honest, I "hated" him too until a few years ago. I met him and Joe Torre during a radio event in 2001 or so, and he seemed like a genuine good guy. After all the steroid crap and seeing that he's never had an issue off the field, I decided to call myself a "fan" of his. I'm not a Yankee fan obviously, but I really have a lot of respect for Jeter and Rivera and the way they go about things. They represent the game on and off the field pretty well.

My thoughts on Jeter changed after I watched a 60 minutes interview of he and his parents. He really seems like a classy, nice young man who doesn't let his talent go to his head. He seemed very sincere and down to earth. I must admit, I do now sort of admire him as a player and an individual.

My thoughts on Jeter changed after I watched a 60 minutes interview of he and his parents. He really seems like a classy, nice young man who doesn't let his talent go to his head. He seemed very sincere and down to earth. I must admit, I do now sort of admire him as a player and an individual.

I saw that as well, and agree 100% with every word of above post. He was also very funny on SNL poking fun at himself and his celebrity status. I read "The Yankee Years", Torre's book, and it's full of praise for Jeter, and calls out a lot of the "prima donna" types they've had over the years.

I saw that as well, and agree 100% with every word of above post. He was also very funny on SNL poking fun at himself and his celebrity status. I read "The Yankee Years", Torre's book, and it's full of praise for Jeter, and calls out a lot of the "prima donna" types they've had over the years.

Good thing this is the post-McCarthy era, gentlemen.:D

Archived