Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

I'm just looking for some way to tell, that's all.

Are you saying that *unless* BB mentions that it's news from his source, we should assume he's giving his personal opinion?

If that's a good way to tell, that's fine with me...

Yea, i think that is safe to say.

And, even if you feel he is hinting at something but not saying it, chances are it is not something he is "allowed" to post, so even if it isn't his opinion, you will never hear anything beyond that anyway.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, i think that is safe to say.

OK, that's fine... thanks...

And, even if you feel he is hinting at something but not saying it, chances are it is not something he is "allowed" to post, so even if it isn't his opinion, you will never hear anything beyond that anyway.

You think he can't say "One guy they wonder about, and would maybe like to have, is [whoever]"?

(I don't have any tea leaves. Where's my Ouija Board?)

Well I will throw my wild speculation into the ring. Shealy is not needed because the Angels story might just have legs. We know there was a meeting with Miggy and management in the last few days and the Angels owner is saying get it done. If you are getting Kotchman back there is no need for shealy. Not even at DH as you already have Gibbons. If you add the young weaver or Santana to our stable of arms we a really in great shape after the trade. Wood is going to be a true superstar and is very close now. I might even bring him right up if a trade is made. there were several on the board that were saying he was putting up number not quite up to the past few years. 950+ ops Hr every 18 ab and an amazing EBH every 6 ab. he does strike out alot but has a 370 obp.

We know there was a meeting with Miggy and management in the last few days ...

You could be right. Another possible explanation is that they are doing what they should have been doing all along: Treating Miggy like a team leader and most valuable player and franchise cornerstone... and asking his opinion, and keeping him in the loop so he doesn't get all PO'd like he did last winter. (I don't actually know anything, I am just speculating with you.)

Wood is not close to being ready for the big leagues. His k rate is out of control. He's striking out once every 3 AB's at AA. It'd be even worse in the majors. Think Russell Branyan only smaller and at SS. But even Branyan walked more than Wood in the minors. Quite frankly, I think Wood is overhyped. I'd much rather the O's end up with Kendrick, Aybar and Kotchman.

Well if we're to go by BB source, this would suggest Penn was the other Oriole along with Olson .they'd be willing to trade Shealy for.

Do we have to insist they take Javy? They want a minor league pitcher, so we counter with Javy, an old about-to-be-free-agent catcher. We can't compromise and have them take Olson. If that deal was rejected by the Rockies, fine. But it doesn't seem like we want to give up any of our minor league pitchers.

Do we have to insist they take Javy? They want a minor league pitcher, so we counter with Javy, an old about-to-be-free-agent catcher. We can't compromise and have them take Olson. If that deal was rejected by the Rockies, fine. But it doesn't seem like we want to give up any of our minor league pitchers.

Hard to believe that they would turn down Javy, JJ Johnson and a guy like Finch or even Hawkins or Williams for Shealy.

Hard to believe that they would turn down Javy, JJ Johnson and a guy like Finch or even Hawkins or Williams for Shealy.

Well if they literally have no interest in Javy, which is what has been said in the papers and by BB, it's not hard to believe.

But is that what we offered or are we just insisting they take Javy. It doesn't seem like they want to trade any of our top pitching prospects.

Archived