He's back! Tejada signs 1-yr deal.

jamessemaj

Thats simply not true. He might not have power but he can still hit.

I didn't say he couldn't hit. But if you're going to bat higher than seventh, you need to have either power or patience, preferably both. He has neither.

He's walked 3.8% and 2.8% of the time the last two years.

His ISOs are below .150.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is similar to the one I drew up the other day, but you need to bump Jones up to No. 5 and Scott to No. 6.

If Tejada is batting higher than 7th in the line-up, he's being put there out of deference to a player who no longer exists.

Roberts

Markakis

Wieters

Reimold

Jones

Scott

Tejada

Atkins

Izturis

He is certainly not going to be the same power hitter without the B-12:laughlol: but he led the NL in doubles. The man can still hit.

Trembley just mentioned something about needing protection behind and in front of Markakis, and that they needed to acquire more than one RH bat before the offseason because of the LHP they faced.

I wonder if he is thinking about putting Tejada at cleanup...

Roberts

Reimold

Markakis

Tejada

Wieters

Jones

Scott

Atkins

Izturis

That would give DT the R-L alternating combo he loves...

I think it's pretty obvious Markakis is batting #3 no matter what.

I'd probably prefer:

Roberts

Markakis

Wieters

Reimold

Tejada

Jones

Scott

Atkins

Izturis

Maybe you flip-flop Tejada and Wieters to begin the season, but I think Matt is ultimately going to bat third for us.

Our best lineup is probably what you said..but I don't think DT is going to do this.

Good point. Plus, I think that he'll get plenty of RBI opportunities with this lineup. It will be nice to have a reliable hitter batting 7th.

He's a very good No. 7 hitter.

That line-up would give us something like:

Roberts: .290/.360/.425

Markakis: .300/.360/.490

Wieters: .290/.360/.500

Reimold: .260/.350/.500

Jones: .280/.340/.500

Scott: .270/.340/.500

Tejada: .290/.330/.450

Atkins: .260/.320/.400

Izturis: .270/.310/.325

Something like that. Not a great team for average, but the estimates are conservative: there's BA average upside in Markakis, Wieters, Jones and Tejada. There's 20+ HR power in Markakis, Wieters, Reimold, Jones, Scott and - possibly - Atkins. There's goo patience in Roberts, Markakis, Wieters, Reimold, and Scott. And there are a ton of doubles in Roberts, Markakis and Tejada.

It's certainly not an embarrassing offense.

How does Reimold seem like a great #3?:confused: ... You might experiment with Reimold there but that is all it would be. You cannot make your statement that Reimold seems like a great number # 3 hitter based on the evidence so far. There just isn't enough of it.

Wow... it's almost as if you're suggesting that we use past performance to project future production.

Now that Tejada is older (;)), has his attitude improved?

Many fans were happy to see him go in late 2007 and now many seem to be happy that he is back.

I don't expect attitude to be a problem with Miggy. He's coming back to a much better team and he won't be expected to carry the majority of the load, only chip in. I think, and hope, that will make a big difference. I expect we will see the old, enthusiastic Miggy back, like his early years in Baltimore.

Good first post. Welcome. I think Crede would have been a player many here would have come to hate. I had thought Crede was pondering retirement after he broke down in Minnesota last year. He must have doubts on his own ability to produce and stay in the lineup.

I don't understand anyone's fascination with Crede - he's Tony Batista with less power. A career OBP of .304 is not what we need.

He's a very good No. 7 hitter.

That line-up would give us something like:

Roberts: .290/.360/.425

Markakis: .300/.360/.490

Wieters: .290/.360/.500

Reimold: .260/.350/.500

Jones: .280/.340/.500

Scott: .270/.340/.500

Tejada: .290/.330/.450

Atkins: .260/.320/.400

Izturis: .270/.310/.325

Something like that. Not a great team for average, but the estimates are conservative: there's BA average upside in Markakis, Wieters, Jones and Tejada. There's 20+ HR power in Markakis, Wieters, Reimold, Jones, Scott and - possibly - Atkins. There's goo patience in Roberts, Markakis, Wieters, Reimold, and Scott. And there are a ton of doubles in Roberts, Markakis and Tejada.

It's certainly not an embarrassing offense.

I think this offense compares to ANY team. It's formidable all the way through, especially if Atkins can put any type of respectable season together. Unfortunately, Izturis is what he is, but his defense makes me happy, so I'll look past it. Any offense he provides is a huge boost.

If our younger guys can learn to take a walk, we could score with NYY.

I think this offense compares to ANY team. It's formidable all the way through, especially if Atkins can put any type of respectable season together. Unfortunately, Izturis is what he is, but his defense makes me happy, so I'll look past it. Any offense he provides is a huge boost.

Yeah man. When you consider the young pitching, I think 2010 is going to be FUN to watch. I can't wait!

:2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb:

First of all, its only one year. Nothing to lose. He has a very lively bat.. still. He drives in runs..he has a little pop. He was NEVER disliked by his teammates, only some folks(and ill admit understandably) in the front office thought he didnt always play intensely.

He comes cheaply and with motivation. He can play SS if Izzy gets hurt, or if Bell or Adkins play third and they want to rest Izzy(much better option than Andino).

He's still a popular Oriole.

THis makes sense to me.

Little downside.

Big thumbs up to this move.

Hell of alot better option than Crede!

BTW, I called Tejada's interest in coming back to play 3b as early as last July.

Check it out.

Yes you did, but I'm really wondering what happens with Atkins based on what you heard.

Also, did they release the terms of the deal or have you heard it's cheap?

It's formidable all the way through, but right now there's no one with probable huge (30+ HR or .900+ OPS) upside. It's got good consistency, though. And, frankly, there are some long-shot candidates for power or OPS spikes. It could happen with Reimold, Markakis, Wieters, or Jones. (Actually, add Scott to that list.) Any of those guys (or more than one) could be a .900+ or 30+ HR guy next year.

Archived