I thought this deserved its own thread...

NewMarketSean

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed. I wasn't really posting here much for a few weeks. The team itself really isn't very interesting. There are only so many times you can have the same discussions about Wieters, Atkins, Tillman, Jones, etc. But this has roped me back in. D'oh!

I hear ya. :)

Are you going to be wined and dined? :wedge:

;):D

Mayhaps, Sir Joseph... mayhaps indeed. ;)

This thread has become perhaps the single most interesting thread that we've had at the Hangout in quite some time. I am eagerly anticipating the next volley of "inside" information. I feel like a former addict who has been clean for a year and has been offered a 'taste' by a beautiful woman. Hard. To. Resist. :D

All we need is for bigbird to reimerge from his sabbatical and this thread will be destined for classic status. :)

I hear they're prepared to give him a WOW offer.

I'm available, if Angelos seeks a Greek with a passion for baseball, and a creative and detailed vision on attaining new found glory. Hiring me? Now THAT would be a WOW offer. Enough thread-derailing... back to our regularly scheduled madness. ;)

All we need is for bigbird to reimerge from his sabbatical and this thread will be destined for classic status. :)

I just checked and he's reading this thread right now! However he hasn't posted since the day he said he would stop posting and unlike others who have made the same claim he's stuck to his word. Will this be the thread that brings him back, my money says no.

If I had to guess, Id say that AM has control over all of that and if he asked for it and said it would make the team better, he would have it. I dont think there is a dollar amount limit on something like that. Who knows, I could be 100% wrong, but from the knowledge I have I cant see that being the case.

You have been coming on here for a while and have always given us info and I never would think that you are reaching or anything like that.

So, I totally believe you that this is what you are hearing.

But what you aren't hearing is what exactly that budget is and how PA would prefer it to be allocated....Seeing as we have seen the same issues with this organization for years and years, I have yet to see evidence that PA is willing to pour money into scouting and international stuff(signigns, more facilities and more int'l scouts).

I just checked and he's reading this thread right now! However he hasn't posted since the day he said he would stop posting and unlike others who have made the same claim he's stuck to his word. Will this be the thread that brings him back, my money says no.

I hope he does come back.

I'm going to guess that PGA wanted the Tex situation handled a bit differently...

It wouldn't shock me to hear that he wanted MacPhail to pursue a trade for Adrian Gonzalez and/or sign Matt Holliday as well, especially with Roberts openly recruiting for the latter.

Sign Teixeira - maybe. Trade for Gonzalez - maybe. Only a loon would have wanted the O's to sign Holliday at those prices though. :P

I hope he does come back.

Yea..me too...I still hear from him through PMs but do wish he was back on this board.

For as much flack as he took about his dislike for AM, which a lot of that was based off of what he was hearing, he appears to have been right on a lot of things.

Archived