Does Machado Sign? Will You Be Upset If He Doesn't?

JohnD

Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Will Machado sign? And what's your reaction?

• Yes he will, and I'll be glad
    • Yes he will, but I won't like the deal
    • No he won't, and I'm livid about how it played out
    • No he won't, and it's just as well

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orioles prospect guy says this about the following quote (Via Twitter):

Interesting comment regarding Machado from someone who's fairly well connected within the organization http://bit.ly/99furP
Unless it is one minute left, Manny is being Manny and going to junior college. He wants 6.5 million and with Tallion signing for 5 million, I see it as too big of a difference with the window down to 30 minutes.

Link.

This isn't about Manny Machado. It's about Scott Boras. He loves to make signings go into the last hour. Strasburg, Wieters, Harper, and Machado etc

Reports indicate Boras and the Nats agreed in principal on a number this afternoon for Harper. I don't think Jordan and Boras even talked on the phone until 9 PM at the earliest.

Even if that means our best position player out of the draft is Connor Narron?Not to mention the O's have a limited draft budget it seems so two first round picks could break them next year, meaning the second pick would likely be be a slot or underslot pick.

I think the O's have to get this done. If the difference is 1.5 million, you've got to strike a deal somehow.

Yea...I don't care about that aspect..I cared about it when they drafted but now that the draft is over, I am not going to spend crazy money on a guy just because he is the only position player we drafted.

Its just the right reason to do it.

Reports indicate Boras and the Nats agreed in principal on a number this afternoon for Harper. I don't think Jordan and Boras even talked on the phone until 9 PM at the earliest.

So MacPhail isn't handling this one? Last time AM and Angelos locked up Wieters.

Archived