Ok, Now They're Just Screwing With Boise, Right?

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean like when they beat Oklahoma?

Yeah and they stood up for the challenge, and now they are left out to dry 3-4 years later. I want to see this team be given a chance because quite frankly I'm tired of hearing whether Boise can hang with the big boys. As far as I'm concerned the BCS is holding Boise back. I don't think Boise is going away any time soon, they should be given the chance to play in the BCS game.

Yeah and they stood up for the challenge, and now they are left out to dry 3-4 years later. I want to see this team be given a chance because quite frankly I'm tired of hearing whether Boise can hang with the big boys. As far as I'm concerned the BCS is holding Boise back. I don't think Boise is going away any time soon, they should be given the chance to play in the BCS game.

They've proven they aren't just the product of an easy schedule. They scheduled tough OOC teams this season (even though they ended up not being as good as anticipated). I'd love to see how they could match up with someone like Oregon, but I have a feeling that the BCS will do everything in its power to find a way to leave them out.

They've proven they aren't just the product of an easy schedule. They scheduled tough OOC teams this season (even though they ended up not being as good as anticipated). I'd love to see how they could match up with someone like Oregon, but I have a feeling that the BCS will do everything in its power to find a way to leave them out.

We already know that. Boise beat Oregon in 2008 at Eugene, and again in 2009 at Boise. Both times convincingly. The question everyone asks is, what would they do in a BCS conference when they have to play tough opponents regularly...when there are far fewer Idaho's, San Jose State's or Louisiana Tech's on the schedule? Games, where Boise can not only rest their starters in the 2nd half and keep them healthier for the big games, but also get their younger players more experience, which no doubt greatly helps Boise reload after turnover from graduation.

I'd love to see someone like the Big 12 or Pac 10 (12) bring them in just to see how they'd do. It will never happen because they just don't bring enough money to make it worth it. I don't think they would have so many undefeated seasons like they do in the WAC, but I think overall they'd fare just fine....they'd be in the conversation for conference titles most years and maybe the national championship occasionally too. They just have an excellent coaching staff and the national attention they've received has really helped them get better players. And despite what many might think, Boise really is a nice town.

I wouldn't give up on Virginia Tech yet, they have won five straight and really have gotten there team back together. They are going to have a tough stretch after the Duke game (GT, UNC, Miami) but all of those teams are very beatable. It wouldn't surprise me if VT wins the ACC Title. Wilson and Evans are running the ball very effectively, it looks like VT should be able to power the ball again. And if Williams gets hot then opposing defenses are in major trouble.

As for Oregon State, they have in my opinion had the toughest schedule so far this year. They faced TCU, BSU, and Arizona. Plus Louisville, ASU and Washington are far from slacks. Oregon State is a very underrated team, i don't think the BCS will recognize this but Oregon State is a pretty good ball club.

The Nevada loss to Hawaii properly cost Boise State the bcs. I was looking forward to seeing to undefeated teams duel it out. That would have been a great oppurtunity for BSU to get some style points against a top 15 program. Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

Got a little off topic there.

The Nevada loss to Hawaii properly cost Boise State the bcs. I was looking forward to seeing to undefeated teams duel it out. That would have been a great oppurtunity for BSU to get some style points against a top 15 program. Unfortunately that is not going to happen.

Got a little off topic there.

It might cost them some style points, but now they can point to another quality team on their schedule.

Could we be headed for a Boise-TCU NCG. I say this as an Auburn fan, who just watched his team go to 8-0, but we still have Georgia, Bama, and a possible SEC title game to get to the NCG. Oregon has USC, Arizona and Oregon St. to get there. Oklahoma is losing now, and has OK St and a Big 12 title game.

If Auburn, Oregon and OK lose, do Boise and TCU get there?

Oklahoma falls. For the 3rd week in a row the #1 team loses.

Oregon should move to #1 in the BCS. Not sure if Boise will rise to #2....they should stay at #2 in the human polls but the computers may give Auburn enough to jump them. At least Virginia Tech keeps winning, so that helps Boise.

It all depends on when and how the teams ahead of Boise St and TCU lose. I think Oregon will be fine right up to the Civil War, but I could see OSU pulling the upset in that game. If that happens, I think the Ducks would drop too far. And there's still way too much to be settled in the SEC West to think about who will come out of there.

A couple big games next week. Missouri goes to Nebraska and Michigan State at Iowa.

Oklahoma falls. For the 3rd week in a row the #1 team loses.

Oregon should move to #1 in the BCS. Not sure if Boise will rise to #2....they should stay at #2 in the human polls but the computers may give Auburn enough to jump them. At least Virginia Tech keeps winning' date=' so that helps Boise.

It all depends on when and how the teams ahead of Boise St and TCU lose. I think Oregon will be fine right up to the Civil War, but I could see OSU pulling the upset in that game. If that happens, I think the Ducks would drop too far. And there's still way too much to be settled in the SEC West to think about who will come out of there.

A couple big games next week. Missouri goes to Nebraska and Michigan State at Iowa.[/quote']

Obviously I'm biased, but what team has done more this year than Auburn? Wins over 4 Top 25 teams, and a good Clemson team. I would think that Auburn jumps Boise, and is possibly #1 in the BCS.

If I am Oregon, the team I would be concerned with is USC. They are looking good right now, and will host the Ducks.

Obviously I'm biased, but what team has done more this year than Auburn? Wins over 4 Top 25 teams, and a good Clemson team. I would think that Auburn jumps Boise, and is possibly #1 in the BCS.

If I am Oregon, the team I would be concerned with is USC. They are looking good right now, and will host the Ducks.

Auburn will not jump Oregon. I expect lots of scoring in the OR/USC game....but Oregon at least has a decent defense and should be able to stop SC's offense enough times to get a win. USC has no defense at all.

Auburn will not jump Oregon. I expect lots of scoring in the OR/USC game....but Oregon at least has a decent defense and should be able to stop SC's offense enough times to get a win. USC has no defense at all.

I wouldn't be so sure. Auburn picked up 112 points in the Coaches poll, and Oregon only got 11 more. Auburn will likely be No. 1 in the computer rankings, and much higher than Oregon. Auburn's strength of schedule is 4, while Oregon's is 102, well behind even Boise and TCU. It may go back and forth over the next few weeks, if both teams stay unbeaten, but I would be surprised if Auburn isn't #1 in the BCS this week.

Archived