Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

Hey dude! Very hard to decipher whatever it is you're saying. But I'm sure I don't agree with it.

hahaha. you just summed up your entire personality right there. don't really know what's going on, opinions devoid of any original thought.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reports keep saying that the Astros have the "best" offer with Ensberg, Lane, and Everett. WTF am i missing here?

Well I don't think that is the deal for one. Caroll says it's Ensberg, Nieve, and Everett. We've also heard that one of their top prospects might be involved. You're also missing the fact that Ensberg has a better OPS than Tejada over the past 2 seasons.

Well I don't think that is the deal for one. Caroll says it's Ensberg, Nieve, and Everett. We've also heard that one of their top prospects might be involved. You're also missing the fact that Ensberg has a better OPS than Tejada over the past 2 seasons.

Do you like this deal?

If Ensberg has a better OPS than Tejada, why do they want Tejada? Can we be sure Ensberg will come back from whatever injury he has? Is Nieve much better than Lane? Can Ensberg pitch for us this year? Is Everett worth any salary over the ML minimum?

Would you seriously trade Tejada for Ensberg, Nieve, and Lane? That's just a lateral move at BEST

Do you like this deal?

I like it if it's Ensberg, Everett, and Hirsh or Pence. Not so much if it's Nieve instead of the top prospect.

I think I like Santana and Wood or Santana, Aybar, and Kotchman/Morales the best if either of those are possible.

If it's just Santana and Aybar, I think I take that over Ensberg, Everett, Nieve, but not if Hirsh/Pence replaces Nieve.

I say for our sanity as O's fans we plan to flood PA's office with cards after the deadline. If they make a great deal for Tejada, we all send thank you cards. If they do what most of us think they will, we flood PA's office with cards of a completely different nature! :D

I am just looking forward to getting back to my yearly trip from NC to Baltimore to see the O's, but not until there are signs of life that Angelos is trying to improve this team.

If Ensberg has a better OPS than Tejada, why do they want Tejada? Can we be sure Ensberg will come back from whatever injury he has? Is Nieve much better than Lane? Can Ensberg pitch for us this year? Is Everett worth any salary over the ML minimum?

Would you seriously trade Tejada for Ensberg, Nieve, and Lane? That's just a lateral move at BEST

The Astros have been down on Ensberg for some reason this season, maybe the low avg. Everett isn't great, but he's certainly worth more than the minimum, his defense is great. But no, I wouldn't trade Miggy for Ensberg, Nieve, and Everett because I want at least 1 top young player which that deal doesn't offer. They need to include Hirsh or Pence.

If it comes out that we could have gotten Santana/Wood and Angelos vetoed it. I think I'm going to have to go on hiatus until he's gone. I'm not sure how much more of this I could take.

As for the Astros deal. I actually hope he vetoes that deal. If Ensberg & Everett are two of the main pieces, no f'n thanks. Especially on Everett, he's worthless. We already have a guy like that in Fahey.

I really don't like that we're balking at the Angels deal (if true), it's clearly the best one on the table, IMO. If you can get a top young pitcher like Santana, plus on of the top 5 hitting prospects in all of baseball, you do it. Come on already.

I know they say pitching and defense win championships, but... I think defense is overrated, especialyl when offense is sacrificed. Fahey made an error last night, but he can probably hit better than Everett with similar defense. I'd rather have almost anyone than Everett, even mid-level prospects. I don't think he'd ever play, and he has little potential to get better. Maybe that's just me.

Also, we have seen that Angels offered Santana and Aybar, which, IMO, is a huge offer for Stoneman. The Orioles countered with what was probably an expanded package for 4 players including Santana and Wood. Apparently, the Angels have made their final offer, but we don't know what that is. I would say it is somewhat presumptuous to say that we have balked on a Tejada for Santana/Wood deal.

If PA has turned down any deal with Santana in it, someone needs to launch a class-action lawsuit against the Orioles for impersonating an MLB franchise. And to think I was excited when Angelos bought the team. Boy, was I a dope! :(

I know they say pitching and defense win championships, but... I think defense is overrated, especialyl when offense is sacrificed. Fahey made an error last night, but he can probably hit better than Everett with similar defense. I'd rather have almost anyone than Everett, even mid-level prospects. I don't think he'd ever play, and he has little potential to get better. Maybe that's just me.

Defense is underrated, which is what guys like Beane and Epstein have discovered.

I could've sworn I read the exact opposite in a Baseball Prospectus book about speed and defense. Maybe the intangible value is greater than the statistical value.

I'd believe Beane and Epstein before I'd believe what bp said.

Defense is under rated look at the O's. First inning just now, we'd be up 3-0 instead of 3-1 if we had turned that double play.

I could've sworn I read the exact opposite in a Baseball Prospectus book about speed and defense. Maybe the intangible value is greater than the statistical value.

Speed and defense probably used to be overvalued, maybe in the 80's. What's valued and undervalued changes. OBP used to be very undervalued, it's not anymore.

Archived