Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stark has a teaser on his Stark Market deal that says "Soriano to the Angels?" anybody with ESPN Insider want to fill us in?

Doesn't say much of anything just that Angels are reluctant to give up same amount as would for Tejada.

Does say that Astros offer was Adam Everett, Willy Taveras, Jason Lane, and possibly even Brad Lidge. If so, glad Angelos shot this down and wonder why it was even considered.

This is interesting... thanks for the info. I wouldn't at all mind Ensberg, but I don't really like Lane or Everett. I wonder who else we could land?

Any trade with the Astros should not include Everett, as it is silly to think he has any future with our O's. Hirsh/Pence/Lidge for Miggy seems fair, but I'd not do it. I like Hirsh and Pence, and believe that Lidge will regain some semblance of his previous form, however, Santana/Aybar,etc... is a more appealing trade in that Santana is the most sure thing we can acquire for Tejada. The only way I'd trade Tejada to the Astros is if they went all out and added Patton. That's Patton/Hirsh/Pence/Lidge for Miggy/whoever, etc... AND the Angels stuck with Santana/Aybar only.

Tell me what you all think, would you prefer Hirsh/Pence/Lidge or Santana/Aybar ?

I'd be hard pressed, but I'd still go with the Angels package. I believe the OH Trade Proposal Count (OHTPC) now stands at 14, 833 :D

Any trade with the Astros should not include Everett, as it is silly to think he has any future with our O's. Hirsh/Pence/Lidge for Miggy seems fair, but I'd not do it. I like Hirsh and Pence, and believe that Lidge will regain some semblance of his previous form, however, Santana/Aybar,etc... is a more appealing trade in that Santana is the most sure thing we can acquire for Tejada. The only way I'd trade Tejada to the Astros is if they went all out and added Patton. That's Patton/Hirsh/Pence/Lidge for Miggy/whoever, etc... AND the Angels stuck with Santana/Aybar only.

Tell me what you all think, would you prefer Hirsh/Pence/Lidge or Santana/Aybar ?

I'd be hard pressed, but I'd still go with the Angels package. I believe the proposal count now stands at 14, 833 :D

I would prefer Santana/Wood or Santana/Aybar/Morales for Miggy and a throw-in (Conine ?).

Houston- I would want Pence, Hirsh, Patton, Ensberg for Miggy and a throw in.

what about a 3 way of

orioles get:

tex

pence

everett

astros get:

tejada

conine

texas gets:

lidge

hawkins

LMAO... so Texas sends away Tex, and they only get Lidge and Hawkins? There'd be a tirade in Arlington, that's for damn sure. This has to be one of the most illogical trade proposals I have ever seen.

I would prefer Santana/Wood or Santana/Aybar/Morales for Miggy and a throw-in (Conine ?).

Houston- I would want Pence, Hirsh, Patton, Ensberg for Miggy and a throw in.

I agree that the bolded deals are preferable, but am under the impression neither of those deals are being offered.

I agree that the bolded deals are preferable, but am under the impression neither of those deals are being offered.

I know.

:confused::confused:

Who knows what is really being offered.

I am close. THose are the players I would target coming back to us. And I would throw in what I needed to (ie Conine, Hawkins, etc) to get the deal done.

I think what ESPN Insider is insinuating... is that The Astros trade Lidge to the Rangers for players that will help them get the hitter that they are targeting... so what would Lidge be worth to the Rangers? Volquez is there highest ranked prospect... then Danks and Diamond.. They have Arias and Baldiris in the infield... no idea how talented... but... add one or two of those prospects to Pence, Hirsh, OR, Patton, and Ensberg and maybe the deal is sweet enough to get Tejada...

Stark has a teaser on his Stark Market deal that says "Soriano to the Angels?" anybody with ESPN Insider want to fill us in?

"After all that time we spent in the last week talking about Soriano's impending trade to the Tigers or White Sox, this just in: Neither of them is even talking to the Nationals about him anymore. Indications Saturday were that Nationals GM Jim Bowden was down to four teams -- the Astros, Angels, Twins and Dodgers. But there's no ideal match with any of those four. The Astros continue to balk at dealing their two most beloved prospects, pitcher Jason Hirsh and outfielder Hunter Pence, and Washington doesn't want the big-league group Houston has been dangling for Miguel Tejada (Adam Everett, Willy Taveras, Jason Lane, possibly even Brad Lidge). The Angels are more reluctant to give up the house jewelry vault for a rent-a-player than they would be for Tejada. The Twins actually don't mind taking on a rental -- but are never eager to overpay this time of year. And then there are the Dodgers, who have been telling clubs they only want to add players they can control beyond Halloween. So which of those teams seems likely to pay the triple-retail price Bowden has yet to waver on? Uh, none of the above. But multiple sources all over the sport now say it's 100 percent certain Soriano will be traded. So the only conclusion all of those teams have drawn is that the price is going to drop sometime before 3:59 Monday afternoon. And that's when showtime will arrive. The two best fits are clearly the Twins and Angels. But both GMs (Terry Ryan in Minnesota, Bill Stoneman in L.A.) are as far out on the conservativity scale as Bowden is on the hyperactivity meter. So it could be that whichever GM finds a way to mesh style, philosophy and talent with Bowden could be the team that pulls this off. Our hunch: the Angels -- just because they clearly seem to have a greater passion to pull off something big."

Archived