Tejada deal up to Angelos

bigbird

FWIW-

Not many people on here wanted Santana and Aybar for Tejada- so I would expect these same people to bite their tongue about the FO not pulling the trigger.

Yup, Ive been consistent. Let's hope the Angels feel the heat and come back with a better offer. Or will sub Wood for Aybar like we apparently want.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly, we can't complain that we went back to them for more when many of us here would not have made that deal either.

Agreed. Why would you think this same deal would not be available after the season. No hurry to do this now unless acting now results in the Orioles getting a premium.

You cant deny the disfunction in the front office

Definitely not - but I think Olney and gang are paid to have a strong take/opinion and will present it in a way that may appear to be more informed than it really is.

I think we will do a deal - and b/c of Duquette, it will be a good deal. In the mean time - we will use whatever excuse we need to to negotiate up until Sunday night at 11:59.

Yup, Ive been consistent. Let's hope the Angels feel the heat and come back with a better offer. Or will sub Wood for Aybar like we apparently want.

I, on the other hand (:D ), went on record a while back that I would probably do Santana for Tejada straight up.

So, I'm rather disappointed. I'm not up in arms, but I would have closed this deal.

IMO, Santana/Bedard would have been the best 1-2 in the AL East in 2007.

Go back to Angels. I have been quiet, but I hate the Astros package. Angels offer is much better. Santana and Aybar are good. Texas's offer will be awful as their system is not good. Find someway to get Angels back in, even if it means playing it like Texas will get Tejada if they don't have a better offer. Get Santana and Aybar and Kotchman at least.

LAA made a fair offer in Santana and Aybar. I am sure the Orioles made counteroffers and LAA countered back, etc......

The Orioles are apparantly asking for Santana, Aybar, Wood, the moon, and the stars.

How can you hate the Astros offer ? We don't even know what it is. Rosenthal said it was "prime major league pieces" and Stark said it was an improvement over the offer from the winter, meaning an improvement over Lidge, Everett, Lane, Tavares.

I, on the other hand (:D ), went on record a while back that I would probably do Santana for Tejada straight up.

So, I'm rather disappointed. I'm not up in arms, but I would have closed this deal.

IMO, Santana/Bedard would have been the best 1-2 in the AL East in 2007.

I am also on record as saying I would do Santana/Aybar. :(

I would have tried to throwin Conine for Morales, but at the end of the day- I would have done Santana/Aybar.

I agree Santana/Bedard for the next 5 years could have been the 1-2 punch.

Now, I try for Pence, Hirsh, Ensberg, Patton from Houston.

Or, I try to get PA come to his senses and revisit the LAA (Santana/Aybar) deal.

How can you hate the Astros offer ? We don't even know what it is. Rosenthal said it was "prime major league pieces" and Stark said it was an improvement over the offer from the winter, meaning an improvement over Lidge, Everett, Lane, Tavares.

If they are "prime" major league pieces that the Astros are actually willing to deal I don't want them.

The Angels won't be duped if we say we are accepting a package from Texas because Texas doesn't have a young, ML-ready pitcher (like the Orioles apparently were holding out for), and their farm system overall is not very good.

I am also on record as saying I would do Santana/Aybar. :(

I would have tried to throwin Conine for Morales, but at the end of the day- I would have done Santana/Aybar.

I agree Santana/Bedard for the next 5 years could have been the 1-2 punch.

Now, I try for Pence, Hirsh, Ensberg, Patton from Houston.

Or, I try to get PA come to his senses and revisit the LAA (Santana/Aybar) deal.

I don't see how this is a good trade. I mean Aybar is no where near as good as Wood. It's almost like doing a Tejada for Santana straight up deal. Which isn't even close IMO.

Not that it is but how would everyone feel about Texas' offer if it included Texiera?

There's no way it includes Teixeira.

If the reports are true, the Rangers offered 4 players. I doubt they would do it straight up- and would certainly not include 3 others.

Plus, Peter Angelos would JUMP at the chance to get Teixeira. If they offered him in ANY deal, Tejada would be on a plane to Arlington right now.

I do find it interesting that no names have come out of the Texas deal like they did with Anaheim. Maybe the Texas deal brings him home and since he has 3 more years to the same team in a way it would be a wash(and I know this season Miggy's numbers are better than Tex's)

Archived