2010 Mobbies: Vote for the Orioles Hangout!

ScottieBaseball

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted at least 20 times, but I let my subscription to this wonderful place lapse. Hopefully this post will be seen and Tony will give me a couple days of leniency as I fully intend to re-up my subscription. I just gotta wait a couple days for money to trickle in.

What a silly thing to get riled up about. Guess it's the offseason, huh? Everyone should take it down a notch.

Actually though Tony and Scott will not say it, it is a significant award which may add to more sponsorships/opportunities and assure us that this fine place of ours is here for years to come.

Good Morning.

Good News,

Tony was up to number three this AM.

Thank you for everyone that has voted and please remember to vote EVERY day. We were cheated out of two days votes when Camden CHAT complained about our inclusion, so EVERY VOTE counts.

A reminder to log in to the SUN with as many different EMAIL addresses as you have and vote with each one of them for TONY"S TAKE.

Best overall AND Best Orioles site. Two votes...Tell your friends and family.

Go here today and VOTE before you do anything else.

Yes TONY, you can vote for yourself.

Unlike the Duck I am not a member of the staff.

I just hold a grudge.

Stacey Clipped ~d's photo of Aubrey Huff in his I Heart Baltimore shirt and used it as her own. When called on it she was evidently too embarrassed to even give ~d credit for it. When Stacey was given an opportunity to byline the photo properly, she chose not to to reply. It has been carried national and attributed to Stacey.

She evidently got caught here again with the Yankee blog and I won't stand for it.

It's On.

Ok this is just a straight up lie. I avoided this thread yesterday but hopped on this morning at work to see what was going on. When I posted that picture, I sent a PM to the person who took it and asked if it was ok and I got her blessing. Here is where I posted this pic on Camden Chat:

http://www.camdenchat.com/2008/3/31/387937/aubrey-huff-at-fanfest-bor

Note the caption. Also note this comment from the person who took the photo:

thanks for notifying me that you liked this and had posted it. like i told you privately, the end of last season, CC saved my sanity with its game threads...love the new changes.

anyway, i asked him to "smile for me with that beautiful shirt" and he sat back with this pose...i thought it showed a pretty good sense of humor. or something. lol

I'm generally immune to trash talk, but that is over the line. I have posted that pic a few more times on CC because I love it so much, but I have NEVER received an email requesting I give it any more attribution than I did when I got the photographer's blessing to post it.

Ok this is just a straight up lie. I avoided this thread yesterday but hopped on this morning at work to see what was going on. When I posted that picture, I sent a PM to the person who took it and asked if it was ok and I got her blessing. Here is where I posted this pic on Camden Chat:

I'm generally immune to trash talk, but that is over the line. I have posted that pic a few more times on CC because I love it so much, but I have NEVER received an email requesting I give it any more attribution than I did when I got the photographer's blessing to post it.

I'll piggyback on this and say that Stacey has always asked for permission to use my photos at CC and has always given me credit.

I am curious why you feel it is ok to mention that OH isn't a blog but yet don't mention that yours isn't either?

Do you just feel you should have a double standard? Or, wait a mintue, let me guess...you are just kidding and this is meaningless to you anyway? :rolleyes:

I am curious why you feel it is ok to mention that OH isn't a blog but yet don't mention that yours isn't either?

Do you just feel you should have a double standard? Or, wait a mintue, let me guess...you are just kidding and this is meaningless to you anyway? :rolleyes:

I agree with that distinction. OH is mainly a general site, complimented by articles and a message board. CC is a traditional blog. But in the end, it's really semantics.

But I'm not taking sides here and voted for nobody. Both places rock, although for different reasons.

I agree with that distinction. OH is mainly a general site, complimented by articles and a message board. CC is a traditional blog. But in the end, it's really semantics.

But I'm not taking sides here and voted for nobody. Both places rock, although for different reasons.

Whose main portion seems to be their message board.

They are no more of a traditional blog than OH is...just because they are smaller and not as popular doesn't make them more of a traditional blog.

End of the day, as I said, sites like Stoner's site is the real blog out of these 3 sites.

Archived