I have never been more upset over a non-Orioles player injury...

PrivateO

Same here, have tickets to one of the Cardinals games.

I was looking forward to telling exaggerated stories to my grandchildren long in the future about how I once saw Albert Pujols hit a ball 600 feet!

Oh well, he's got a lot of career left, I'm sure he will play at Camden Yards at some point in the future unless they get rid of interleague play. I watched some of last night's Yankees-Cubs game on ESPN, it was interesting to hear them talk about some of the all-time great players in the AL that never got to see Wrigley Field.

Really? A broken wrist that will have him out 4-6 weeks?

I would go with Dave Dravecky breaking his arm after coming back from cancer.

Now that was upsetting and painful to watch.

I was very eager to see the best player of my generation in person next week. Obviously my statement was supposed to be taken hyperbolicly, but now I'll have to travel to see him.

Really? You're going to make a big deal out of this?

No, I just took him the wrong way and if he had used a different term my confusion would have been avoided.

Was just giving him feedback on what would have made the intent of his original post more clear to me.

Sorry you can't see him play live PrivateO.

I was very eager to see the best player of my generation in person next week. Obviously my statement was supposed to be taken hyperbolicly, but now I'll have to travel to see him.

Well you do live in Cincinnati where he plays 9 times a year and if you're back in Maryland, Nationals Park is a short drive down 95.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but I'd just as soon NOT see Albert against us.

See I'm the other way...I'd love to see Jake or another young guy go head to head with Pujols..or late in the game runner on Second and JJ has to take a crack. I would love that.

Archived