Guess what? Now the RedSox hate us as much as we hate them!

Gurgi

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carl Crawford: Tampa Bay Ray double agent? Discuss.

I think he's just an average player with above average speed. He got a contract he didn't deserve due to slim available talent.

It says a lot about the Rays and how they handle their players. They got everything out of Crawford. The Red Sox got nothing.

General manager Brian Cashman said today that the Yankees’ interest in Carl Crawford was “pretend” and meant only to drive up the price for the Red Sox, who ultimately signed him to a seven-year, $142 million contract.

That’s easy to say now that Crawford has had the worst season of his career and the Yankees are AL East champions, but Cashman correctly pointed out that he already had a cheaper, younger version of Crawford in Brett Gardner:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/23/cashman-yankees-had-pretend-interest-in-carl-crawford-to-drive-price-up-for-red-sox/

Is it fair to say that as a whole' date=' the Orioles fanbase hates the Red Sox more than the Yankees at this point? This has been my stance for some time now, just wondering if others feel the same.[/quote']

Yes, actually. I hate the teams equally, but the Sox fanbase puts them over the top.

Well Mariano is one of the few classy guys in the Yankees clubhouse. I'd actually say Granderson and Gardner are also alright by me... But that's about the end of a very short list.

And your "classy guy" list for Boston? AGon maybe? That's all I got.

At least the Yankees generally act professional with a hint of class. Can't believe I just said that, but it's true.

Well Mariano is one of the few classy guys in the Yankees clubhouse. I'd actually say Granderson and Gardner are also alright by me... But that's about the end of a very short list.

It goes without saying that I hate the Yankees, but there are other guys on the team that aren't dirty in my opinion. Jeter, in my books, has never really irked me as a classless guy. Guys like Posada and Sheffield were the ones I really couldn't stand then or now.

I really cannot explain to everyone how happy last night made me. And now reading this thread with all the quotes from SOSH is pure gold. Especially the ones that say the baseball gods hate Boston...I guess they forgot about the 2 World Series they won. What a bunch of ass clowns.

Archived