Tommy Hunter Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TOMMY HUNTER O(vs. AAA-Scranton Yankees 6/02)

IP:. 7 (COMPLETE GAME) *

H:o 6

R:O 1

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 85 (56 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2012 ERA: 1.29 (AAA-Norfolk)

* This was a 7-inning game, as the Tides were playing a doubleheader today.

T IDES SWEEP YANKEES: http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120602&content_id=32664274&vkey=news_t568&fext=.jsp&sid=t568

With Gonzo Part II having pitched 4 innings yesterday, and Eveland having gone 3 innings today, the net below Hunter tomorrow is considerably weaker than it looked to be yesterday afternoon, also.

Hunter must be thrilled to know he is the pitcher of last resort.

At this point, I think that he's happy just to be back in the majors and given another chance to start again, for whatever reason. You know the old saying, "Beggars can't be choosers."

He might give up some runs, but he'll eat some innings too. He has a knack for that. Jake go down and work with Peterson and get your mind right. Tommy will hold down the fort in Balmer for a while. We scored 6 tonight, I feel Hunter can win if we score 6 tomorrow. ;)

A spot start for Hunter

For me, Hunter is only getting today's 4 pm start because he is the only one rested enough to pitch it. He hasn't earned a promotion. So if he pitches well, he gets another start. If he doesn't he goes back to Norfolk to work on his command.

Opportunity knocks for Hunter but I am not highly optimistic about his chance to succeed. He hasn't had time to work on the things he needs to fix to be a consistent starter.

Good Luck Tommy. I would like to be surprised.

Archived