Dylan Bundy has his Second Start Tonight

weams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really shouldn't surprise anyone who has seen him or even read anything about him that he's dominating teenagers and non-prospects in A-ball. This shouldn't really change anyone's opinion of Bundy unless you didn't know he was one of the ten best baseball players in the world not currently at the ML level.

By the way, for those interested, Cameron said Bundy used all fastballs in the first, worked in a change or two in the second, and unleashed a curve in the third.

It really shouldn't surprise anyone who has seen him or even read anything about him that he's dominating teenagers and non-prospects in A-ball. This shouldn't really change anyone's opinion of Bundy unless you didn't know he was one of the ten best baseball players in the world not currently at the ML level.

By the way, for those interested, Cameron said Bundy used all fastballs in the first, worked in a change or two in the second, and unleashed a curve in the third.

Sounds like his first start.

Yeah - judging by the announcer, they were simply helpless against the curve.

So, let's see:

Mid-90s/plus FB.

"Best change at low-A since Hamels"

Unhittable curve.

All right then.

Isn't there more to this than what you are saying though? Cameron is reasonably jaded and seems about as effusive as could be. I bet if they held the draft again there is a strong possibility he would go first.

Isn't there more to this than what you are saying though? Cameron is reasonably jaded and seems about as effusive as could be. I bet if they held the draft again there is a strong possibility he would go first.

What is there more to this start than what I'm saying? I'm not sure what your comments mean re: Cameron.

I don't understand why you're so creased by him getting a handful of starts at Low-A?

Well I wasn't being serious with the Twitter thing.

I think you have limited opportunities for improvement if you are not challenged. Pitching once each to low A players isn't a challenge for him.

I actually think that since they put him there, they should keep him there for a couple months rather then bounce him around too much. I would like it if he was going four innings a start so he could face at least a few hitters a second time.

The conventions that had him drop to 4th overall are still in place. If you put Gerrit Cole, or Danny Hultzen, or Trevor Bauer in the Sally, they'd look the same. Unfortunately, there just isn't much to guide just how good Bundy is until we see him against worthy competition.

Cameron is going nuts because he's probably never seen the kid before. In fact, it's a pretty easy way to spot when a prospect writer is getting his first look at someone really good (particularly after already writing and forming an opinion about him).

Archived