Gausman is on the mound now, ESPN2

Frobby

I think the only thing that would make Gurgi more comfortable in his analysis would be some Ambien.

It's actually a beautiful combination of alcohol, Ambien and some other semi- psychotropic substance. A delicate balance.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look people, it would be a boring place if everyone was calm and took the long view of things. I just go off what I saw. I saw 91mph and nooooo command. For a top pick I was hoping to get blown away.

Look people it would be a boring place if everyone was calm and took the long view of things. i just go off what i saw. i saw 91mph and nooooo command. for a top pick i was hoping to get blown aw

Out of context thread????:leaving:

Look people it would be a boring place if everyone was calm and took the long view of things. i just go off what i saw. i saw 91mph and nooooo command. for a top pick i was hoping to get blown aw

Out of context thread????:leaving:

I don't think 91 was accurate at all, from what I was seeing. He looked mid-nineties to me. I know the announcers identified one pitch as a 94 mph fastball.

I don't think 91 was accurate at all, from what I was seeing. He looked mid-nineties to me. I know the announcers identified one pitch as a 94 mph fastball.

That is what I saw. When he tried to pitch through the deluge, he lost his grip on the change up.

I believe that gun was about 4-5 mph slow. Stony Brook pitcher was supposed to throw in the mid eighty's, yet he was around 80 or 81 all day. I REALLY see potential with that changeup. I liked that he throws downhill. I believe Stony Brook led the nation in hitting. Also, my observation was that once the rain began, he couldn't get his changeup over (grip?). He did not have great fastball command within the strike zone, but how many fireballers do at this stage in their careers? All of that, and he did this while his routine was all messed up because of finishing the first game. I am ok with what I saw. He needs to develop, but the tools are there to be a good 1-3 starter in my amateur opinion.

Archived