Most important homestand in 15+ years

bluedog

I think we should all get use to the idea that they're all important from here on out.

Exactly. The only time that a fan might be not very concerned about every game at this point in the season is if your team is in first place with a lead of at least 7 or 8 games. That's not us.

For us, every win feels great, and every loss hurts (both emotionally AND in the standings.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a feeling that the Red Sox is going to be a pretty brutal series. I think they come into this series with a much bigger chip on their shoulders, and play some very good ball.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

They've got some firepower, that's for sure. The Red Sox are still only 5.5 back of the WC. The O's need to bury them.

And, to be fair, the Royals had won 6 of 9 coming into the series.

Exactly - the Mariners and Royals were both playing extremely well coming in to Camden. And even if they weren't, winning 5 of 7 against anyone is an achievement.

The Tillman vs Buchholz game should be especially interesting: both pitchers are susceptible to randomly falling apart and letting the other team put up a 5 or 7-spot in a couple of innings. If they're on their game, whoa look out, but if you roll the dice the wrong way, it's a blowout.

That game could go one of three ways: it could be an O's blowout, a Sox blowout, or a really close pitcher's duel decided by 1 run. It could also be a slugfest if neither one of them has it. :laughlol:

It'd be amazing.

I never really used to mind off days but tomorrow's going to suck with no Orioles.

Is this what it feels like to root for a winner?

I hear you, but tomorrows off day is a big deal for us - it lets us line up our 3 best starters to take on the Sux and skip one of Britton / Arrieta / Matusz / Eveland. I'm okay with having an off day if it gives us a better chance to win a series against Boston.

I have a feeling that the Red Sox is going to be a pretty brutal series. I think they come into this series with a much bigger chip on their shoulders, and play some very good ball.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'd rather face them coming off a hot streak than off an extended losing streak.

Seattle and KC are not good, but they both win >40% of the time. If you play them 7 times, 4-3 would be "par". 5-2 is above average. I'm not turning cartwheels or anything, but if you had asked me going into the series if I'd take 5-2 over what was behind "Door Number Two," I'd have taken 5-2.

Archived