Tomorrow's playoff ticket presale

ADZ23

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously they don't refund the fees? That's pretty lame, seems like ticket master is going to be making a decent amount on the games that never happen on the fees alone.

6.Unplayed game refund information: Tickets marked "PHONE/WEB" on the front of the ticket will automatically be refunded. The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee. Per order processing, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. These tickets SHOULD NOT be returned and have no cash value.

6.Unplayed game refund information: Tickets marked "PHONE/WEB" on the front of the ticket will automatically be refunded. The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee. Per order processing, shipping and handling fees are non-refundable. These tickets SHOULD NOT be returned and have no cash value.

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if the fee isnt around $10 per ticket. So again, if I can somehow get 4 ticket to 2 ALDS games, that is 8 tickets x $10. So, if we lose the Wildcard game, I am out $80? Crazy

I don't know for sure, but I would be surprised if the fee isnt around $10 per ticket. So again, if I can somehow get 4 ticket to 2 ALDS games, that is 8 tickets x $10. So, if we lose the ALDS game, I am out $80? Crazy

You will get refunded the convenience fee but not the shipping and handling fee. So if you pay to have the tickets shipped to your house and they ship them to your house and then the game doesn't happen, you will not get that money back. You will get the ticketmaster fee back though.

You will get refunded the convenience fee but not the shipping and handling fee. So if you pay to have the tickets shipped to your house and they ship them to your house and then the game doesn't happen, you will not get that money back. You will get the ticketmaster fee back though.

The shipping part makes sense, but the "handling" fee is the part that concerns me

Shipping Charge, E-Ticket Convenience Charge, Will Call Charge – Ticketmaster charges a fee for ticket delivery, whether the tickets are mailed to the customer, printed out at home, or collected from the venue. The charge for printing out the ticket at home is often higher than the fee to have the ticket physically mailed to you. In other sectors, such as airline ticketing, companies usually do not charge (and in some cases even offer a discount), for electronic ticketing. Economist Emily Oster of the Chicago Booth School of Business suggests that this reflects the lack of competition in the industry, with customers willing to pay more for the convenience of obtaining the tickets immediately due to a lack of alternate options.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticketmaster

Question: what happens if I buy the "wild card" game, but the O's win the division?

Provided you bought the wildcard game, you will have to pay the ticketmaster fees

I just did a test for the upcoming Toronto game on ticketmasters website

Convenience Charge $6.25

Order Processing Fee $4.00

(I chose the print at home option)

Archived