ALDS Game 2: Yankees @ Orioles "Singing in the Rain Part Deux"

Dipper9

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Jones, Wieters and Reynolds put together ANOTHER miserable sequence of at bats. Now 18 for 123 combined over the last 11+ games.

It's a bit tough to expect the O's to win with 3 of their best power hitters totally ineffective at the plate.

WHEN are any of these guys going to step up and produce this is getting ridiculous...

Wow!!! That's quite a stat!! Thanks.

I have no idea what the rule is, but I think it is irresponsible of the announcers not to mention it at all, Cal or otherwise, this must have come up before..

Agreed that would have been nice. Is it too much to ask to get some intelligent announcers these days?

Pettitte's living all over the corners. Tough to hit, especially if the ump is giving him the pitch off the corner.

After seeing this video of Pettitte before the game, wouldn't you give him pitches on the corner?

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFBYq_h_J0?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsFBYq_h_J0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

When he went by Matt he wasn't three feet away and if he was, it wasn't by much and its never called at home. Angel is terrible, but the fact is Matt Wieters made an error on the tag.

That's right, and again if Wieters doesn't fall to his knees he isn't scrambling to reach Suzuki in the first place.

I see him going 3 feet away, but he never leaves the dirt, he starts his jump away at the beginning of the circle and has plenty of room in the dirt, so if the circle is fair game, then I think he stayed in the "base path". Still, very frustrating.

The circle has nothing to do with it. 3 feet of the imaginary line directly between the runner and the plate when the tag is attempted. Clearly out.

It is the runner's baseline that is the rule and it is when when a tag attempt is made and a straight line to the plate. The circle or the paths on the field of play have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Correct, but he wasn't that far away to avoid the tag when he went by Wieters. Wieters caught it too far to the right of home plate, when he was "fully" extended he was not that far from the plate.

Come on guys, it's the top of the 3rd and the score is 1-0. We're not gonna get any help from the guys in blue. A semi-fairly called game is the best we can hope for This team has fought all year, no reason to stop now.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS, gents!!!:beerchug1:

Archived