Angelos said this is "the year that we mean business

Greg

I just hope Angelos doesn't come blustering in now and demand some high profile splash in free agency even against the wishes of Duquette and Showalter. Let's remember what got them here and let the front office handle the personnel decisions.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some moves i'd like to see the O's make are..

Sign Jeff Keppinger

Sign Johnny Gomes

Sign Dan Haren

Resign McLouth and Reynolds

Though, if the Orioles really wanted to go all out..

1. Markakis LF

2. Roberts/Keppinger 2B ( Signed 2/10 + option)

3. Headley 3B (Aquired for Hardy, Britton, Arrieta, Schoop, Hoes)

4. Jones CF

5. Wieters C

6. Reynolds 1B

7. Davis DH

8. Machado SS

9. McLouth LF

Rotation

1. Hammel

2. Chen

3. Richard ( Aquired from SD )

4. Tillman/Gonzalez

5. Bundy/Tillman

Bullpen

Hunter

Matusz

Ayala

Patton

Strop

O'Day

Johnson

Reynolds has a option its just a really bad one.

4. Jones CF

5. Wieters C

6. Reynolds 1B

7. Davis DH

I can see it again in the playoffs next season .... Jones K, Wieters Ground out to 2B, Reynolds K, Davis K

Again if this is our lineup in april DD was sleeping during our playoff games.

I can see it again in the playoffs next season .... Jones K, Wieters Ground out to 2B, Reynolds K, Davis K

Well, IF we do go to the playoffs again next year, it will most likely be with those 4 in the lineup. Three of the four are guaranteed for next year either way ( Jones, Wieters, Davis). And I think Buck loves Reynolds.

Youth. All 4 of those guys will be ready if they get there again.

Was it Jones or Reynolds that made it to first on the dropped third strike?

Edit- NM, it was obviously Reynolds since Jones would have been doubled up.

Well, IF we do go to the playoffs again next year, it will most likely be with those 4 in the lineup. Three of the four are guaranteed for next year either way ( Jones, Wieters, Davis). And I think Buck loves Reynolds.

I'm guessing Buck would gladly take another 1B that is more productive at the plate. And Davis could easily be dealt in the off season. I'd be willing to bet that one of Davis/Reynolds will not be on the team next April. If Reynolds insists on his option ($11 Million) he will definatley not be here.

I'm guessing Buck would gladly take another 1B that is more productive at the plate. And Davis could easily be dealt in the off season. I'd be willing to bet that one of Davis/Reynolds will not be on the team next April. If Reynolds insists on his option ($11 Million) he will definatley not be here.

Wonder if SD would have interest in Davis in a Headley deal? He has the power to hit it out anywhere. I wouldn't mind Youkilis at 1B, but I doubt the WS decline his option. Wonder what it would take to get Morales from Anaheim?

Wonder if SD would have interest in Davis in a Headley deal? He has the power to hit it out anywhere. I wouldn't mind Youkilis at 1B, but I doubt the WS decline his option. Wonder what it would take to get Morales from Anaheim?

Somebody mentioned Prado the other day (last year of arb) with the Braves.

I recall reading that Arrieta/Matusz/Davis might have been a potential deal that we may have turned down. Part of DD's rational for turning down the first Headley deal (whatever it was), is that it involved players that were currently involved/integral in the Orioles active roster.

I recall reading that Arrieta/Matusz/Davis might have been a potential deal that we may have turned down. Part of DD's rational for turning down the first Headley deal (whatever it was) that it involved players that were currently involved/integral in the Orioles active roster.

I'd deal Arrieta in a Headley deal, but i'd be reluctant to include Davis and Matusz. Matusz if nothing else, showed he can be a stud out of the BP. Arrieta showed neither. And Davis led the team in HR, and showed he could play a respectable LF/RF. Now, IF they keep Reynolds, I would maybe be ok moving Davis. I just fear messing up the chemistry of this team too much. I think team chemistry was very important to this team. They believed in each other.

I'd deal Arrieta in a Headley deal, but i'd be reluctant to include Davis and Matusz. Matusz if nothing else, showed he can be a stud out of the BP. Arrieta showed neither. And Davis led the team in HR, and showed he could play a respectable LF/RF. Now, IF they keep Reynolds, I would maybe be ok moving Davis. I just fear messing up the chemistry of this team too much. I think team chemistry was very important to this team. They believed in each other.

Let's not get carried away .... The Padres could prefer Matusz as he makes sense in their park. You dont not trade for Headley to hang on to a LH reliever.

Let's not get carried away .... The Padres could prefer Matusz as he makes sense in their park. You dont not trade for Headley to hang on to a LH reliever.

It's really not about hanging onto a LH reliever. Matusz pitched very well out of the pen, giving me some hope he can still be a solid SP. I have no faith Arrieta nor Britton will ever be that. That said, when you mentioned Prado, I think my chosen route would be to keep Machado at 3B, Hardy at SS, Prado at 2B, try and aquire Youkilis, and sign Hamilton.

Archived