Baltimore being serious players for Dickey

Greg

Well, Toronto becomes really good if they land Dickey. I'll take their rotation (with Dickey) over Baltimore... but if Arrieta and Britton bounce back, who knows...

saaayy whaaaa :eek:

Even if Arrieta and Britton bounce back, there rotation would trounce us... Josh Johnson, Dickey, and Buehrle

Comparing it to Hammel, Britton, and Jake

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blah. At this point it's almost like the baseball world just figures the Jays have the better prospects because they're the Jays.

Right. The world loves Toronto. :rolleyes:

They have a MLB catcher they can deal and some arms whereas we just have arms and some 4th outfielder types -- or maybe Schoop. If we were to get him, would we sign him to an extension. If yes, I wonder what that means for Hammel.

I do it if it's something like Arrieta, Delmonico, and some other lower prospect like Avery.

I don't give up a current starter like MiGo or Hammel, but I'd give up some prospects not named Schoop, Gausman, or Bundy.

I do it if it's something like Arrieta, Delmonico, and some other lower prospect like Avery.

I don't give up a current starter like MiGo or Hammel, but I'd give up some prospects not named Schoop, Gausman, or Bundy.

Well, the Angels might be offering Trumbo, and the Jays are likely offering Arencibia + two others. Both of those deals would be sweeter than Arrieta, Delmonico, and Avery.

I can't figure why everyone is in love with an old pitcher who likely pitched a fluke season

I think with Dickey you have to really look outside the numbers. He reinvented himself with the knuckle and also turned a corner when he came to mental peace about being molested as a child. He is relatively young for a knuckle guy and he seems to be a good teammate/person all around. He would groove better than say a Rodger Clemens type of attitude. The last 3 seasons dont reflect a flukey season either. He pitched to a 2.84, 3.28, and a 2.73 ERA each of the last 3 seasons.

I have a feeling its the Angels.

The Mets are believed to have a trade they like for Dickey, Heyman reports (on Twitter). Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reported earlier today that the Mets are telling teams they have an acceptable trade offer in hand. They were trying to get an ever better return at that point, Rosenthal added

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#L682UJqMAD4CcvKC.99

Schoop would be a terrible deal. One year of a guy who had a career year at 38 for a guy that should give us at least 12 WAR at a very reduced price.

If there weren't so many scouts that think he ends up at 3B instead of 2B, I'd be much more reluctant to deal him. I did also say that an extension would be necessary to make it worth dealing him.

Archived