Proof that Raffy was clean?

Can_of_corn

If I'm Palmeiro, or anyone else who thinks they were falsely accused or got screwed in this PED issue, I would offer to take on live TV, the most rigorous polygraph tests available from independent 3rd parties to try to prove my innocence. Nothing would stop me from trying to clear my name.

The fact that NONE of the accused cheaters has EVER tried to do this tells me they all are guilty, including Palmeiro.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell that to Martha Stewart. The issue is unrelated to the severity of the initial charges ...... that's the point. Perjury and obstruction of justice are not considered "small potatoes", especially when the public is made aware of it and perceives somebody is getting away with it. Those are the type of select cases that will often be prosecuted to set an example.

Example of what? Abusive Government, that's what. The rule of law does not apply to the elites, like Jon Corzine who stole a billion dollars and claims he doesn't know what happened. What a crock. Corzine lied to Congress and Congress knows it. At the same time, jaywalk in front of a cop and you can go to jail.

Yeah, the Feds are out of control. Completely. Anderson is/was a hero, a brave man. Bonds should probably not be in the Hall of Fame, but this is up to the voters.

Example of what? Abusive Government, that's what. The rule of law does not apply to the elites, like Jon Corzine who stole a billion dollars and claims he doesn't know what happened. What a crock. At the same time, jaywalk in front a cop and you can go to jail.

Yeah, the Feds are out of control. Completely. Anderson is/was a hero, a brave man. Bonds should probably not be in the Hall of Fame, but this is up to the voters.

The example is to the public that you don't lie to the Feds. I'm not making any sort of moral argument here and I'm certainly not going the direction you are. In the case of Corzine, I don't pretend to know all the facts, but from what I have read the investigation/money trail boils down more to organizational incompetence than fraud/deception. I guess you're entitled to believe the results of that investigation or not. If the guy was investing 6 billion in short term currency fluctuations, I'm of the belief he could potentially lose a billion dollars.

If I'm Palmeiro, or anyone else who thinks they were falsely accused or got screwed in this PED issue, I would offer to take on live TV, the most rigorous polygraph tests available from independent 3rd parties to try to prove my innocence. Nothing would stop me from trying to clear my name.

The fact that NONE of the accused cheaters has EVER tried to do this tells me they all are guilty, including Palmeiro.

Yes, yes, yes, live TV. The acid test.

But you're thinking small - there's a reality series here, maybe several seasons worth given the extent of the Mitchell Report and every one else suspected but not named. Of course there has to be plenty of audience involvement and serious consequences for failure. Think Running Man except for a more jaded audience. Pass the test and you get to date one of the Kardashians, any of them including the mother - or a blow-up doll which I'm sure many would prefer.

Lose big? You get a solid week on Dr. Phil listening to him analyze your errors in judgement and the obligation to participate in your own rehabilitation under his supervision.

(shudder)

Not for the kiddies.

The example is to the public that you don't lie to the Feds. I'm not making any sort of moral argument here and I'm certainly not going the direction you are. In the case of Corzine, I don't pretend to know all the facts, but from what I have read the investigation/money trail boils down more to organizational incompetence than fraud/deception. I guess you're entitled to believe the results of that investigation or not. If the guy was investing 6 billion in short term currency fluctuations, I'm of the belief he could potentially lose a billion dollars.

Anderson didn't lie to the Feds, but he served over a year in prison. For what? This is not the place for this kind of discussion, but I will say on Corzine he knew exactly what happened to that billion dollars. He personally put it up as collateral for trades that went bad. Except it wasn't his money. It was customer accounts. Just imagine you went to the bank and ask to withdraw money from your account. "Oh sorry, we lost it at the racetrack betting on a horse". Would you be angry? Of course you would. Corzine committed a robbery in broad daylight, then swept it under a rug by lying, and Congress didn't care. I am using the example to show the outrageous hypocrisy in the system, Corzine didn't affect me, but some people need to wake up to what's going on in America.

Anderson didn't lie to the Feds, but he served over a year in prison. For what? This is not the place for this kind of discussion, but I will say on Corzine he knew exactly what happened to that billion dollars. He personally put it up as collateral for trades that went bad. Except it wasn't his money. It was customer accounts. Just imagine you went to the bank and ask to withdraw money from your account. "Oh sorry, we lost it at the racetrack betting on a horse". Would you be angry? Of course you would. Corzine committed a robbery in broad daylight, then swept it under a rug by lying, and Congress didn't care. I am using the example to show the outrageous hypocrisy in the system, Corzine didn't affect me, but some people need to wake up to what's going on in America.

Yeah, I really don't have any idea what the legal issues with Anderson were. Nor do I care (this was actually part of my point with Bonds). My discussion was about Bonds. As far as Corzine goes, my understanding was the Feds have accounted for the missing money and attributed it to poor accounting and organizational incompetence. If you believe there is a conspiracy that the Feds are covering up and lying about .... then fine. I'm not sure how a guy like Corzine could carry that much influence at this point, but I guess it's possible. I have no doubt that politics play into many federal investigations, I just doubt they did with Bonds ... particularly as related to something as tangential as him being the home run king (which was the original point I responded to).

Edit: With respect to Anderson, he was found in contempt of court (twice) for refusing to testify before a federal grand jury investigating perjury accusations against San Francisco Giants' player Barry Bonds. I'm not one of the lawyers on here, but you can actually go to jail for refusing to answer a grand jury subpoena. I guess that's another thing the Feds frown on.

I don't take that tack at all. I have to assume a very large percentage were guilty, and many, many who were never caught were, too. But even if they were innocent there's almost nothing they could have done that would have changed public opinion. If Brady Anderson had spent $5M of his own money and bought an hour block of NBC primetime to prove his innocence with all kinds of evidence of passed tests and such most folks would just assume he's some Roger Clemens, in denial, with enough resources to buy undetectable drugs and try to dupe everyone.

Yes, yes, yes, live TV. The acid test.

But you're thinking small - there's a reality series here, maybe several seasons worth given the extent of the Mitchell Report and every one else suspected but not named. Of course there has to be plenty of audience involvement and serious consequences for failure. Think Running Man except for a more jaded audience. Pass the test and you get to date one of the Kardashians, any of them including the mother - or a blow-up doll which I'm sure many would prefer.

Lose big? You get a solid week on Dr. Phil listening to him analyze your errors in judgement and the obligation to participate in your own rehabilitation under his supervision.

(shudder)

Not for the kiddies.

r-LIE-DETECTOR-TEST-TRIAL-large570.jpg

147366_dr-drew-pinsky-and-the-cast-of-celebrity-rehab-season-five.jpg

147366_dr-drew-pinsky-and-the-cast-of-celebrity-rehab-season-five.jpg

This is Dr. Drew. I know because around this time last year I was cutting daily promos for him. FWIW he's not as bad as Dr. Phil. So Drew gets the guys like Bigbie and the relief pitchers. Bond, Clemens, Manny Rameriez? They get Dr. Phil and no mercy. Not even bathroom breaks.

This is Dr. Drew. I know because around this time last year I was cutting daily promos for him. FWIW he's not as bad as Dr. Phil. So Drew gets the guys like Bigbie and the relief pitchers. Bond, Clemens, Manny Rameriez? They get Dr. Phil and no mercy. Not even bathroom breaks.

Ha ha, nice. I was looking at the picture before scrolling down to your post and thought, "Isn't that Dr. Drew?"

No, no bathroom breaks for Bonds et al. They might use knockout drops....

Ok. Fair.

Archived