vs. The Yankees 4/12

weams

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's one of the worst errors in major league history.

No exaggeration, no hyperbole.....he just made a 3 run error.

The only way to make a more costly error is to bat a grand slam homerun over the fence.

Inexcusable and indefensible.

No gold glove for you this year. Way to earn that contract buddy.

Not sure what to say other than Jones blew it. Pure and simple. A think Jones needs to chill on the team leader stuff. He talks a good game, but between the lack of hustling and the blowing bubbles while missing an easy catch, and I think it's time for Jones to just worry about himself. Maybe once he gets his own self in order he'll be ready for leadership.

That is all on Adam Jones. All on him. This is the second game he cost us this year defensively. Ridiculous.

Was the sun in his eyes this time? Or in Wieters, when he dropped the fouled strike three? Maybe in Patton's, when he plunked Haffner to load the bases. Or Gonzales', when he walked the nine hitter for the second time.

Again, Adam didn't put the free baserunners on. Five free runners have scored on Jones' muffs.

Opponent had to score, because we did.

Not sure what to say other than Jones blew it. Pure and simple. A think Jones needs to chill on the team leader stuff. He talks a good game, but between the lack of hustling and the blowing bubbles while missing an easy catch, and I think it's time for Jones to just worry about himself. Maybe once he gets his own self in order he'll be ready for leadership.

Agreed

Yup very similar to that drop last fall. The media made a big deal about him blowing a bubble then and they'll do it again now.

I think there's something to it now. I want him to stop chewing gum, I think there's a case to be made for blowing a bubble distracting his reflexes and vision slightly enough to cause him to make errors like that.

I agree it was a terrible play but you shouldn't call him a 'lazy pile of s***'. If there is one thing Jonesy is, 'lazy' isn't it. Please get off your key board and stop calling professional athletes 'lazy piles of s***'. Just foolish.

Yeah that always makes me wince.

Archived