Is Jones overrated Defensively?

Orioles2012

It was two outs, the ball wasnt hit very hard and it was definately within diving range, If he did dive and missed it wouldn't (if i recall correctly) have rolled very far and probably would've gotten trapped under his body. The bubblegum thing is more focused towards his general defense. I'm kinda tired of seeing him blow bubbles and miss the ball. It looks REALLY bad.

The bubble gum argument is tiresome. It has no effect on his defensive play. Time to move on.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The guy makes too many terrible errors for a Gold Glove center fielder. He seems to have absolutely no range. That little bloop hit that started the rally today looked EASILY catchable (For a Gold Glove CF that is) but he let it drop in front of him. I feel like he does this way too often and i feel like its very overlooked.

His bat is valuable, but everyone praises his Glove and I don't understand why.

Buck needs to take away his bubblegum until he starts shaping up defensively IMO. Becaus

e he DOES have the potential to make great plays, I feel like he isnt mentally 100% when hes in the outfield.

I feel like I'm going to get alot of heat for this but whatever.

I think you are overreacting but no heat toward you intended.

He's been bad, but is only been a few games. We all know Adam works hard and I am sure he will put in the time to improve.

If you want to feel better about the Orioles outfield then consider this: At the end of last season a local (CT) radio station said "If the Yankees retain Ichiro, you have to think they have one of the better hitting and defensive outfields in the league."

Now go and appreciate Adam Jones.

Markakis is overrated defensively as well. Good arm but lacks range.

There was a time when Markakis was not leadfoot. I guess, at least for a time, most of us remembered those days and thought he was still the same player.

It didn't really strike me until I saw him run while playing through that abdominal tear.

Jones just recently was chastised for being over aggressive on a blooper that was very similar to this. He played this correctly. Somebody referred to Jones as having a superhuman-complex at times, and I think he is more guilty of trying to do too much than not enough.

Jones just recently was chastised for being over aggressive on a blooper that was very similar to this. He played this correctly. Somebody referred to Jones as having a superhuman-complex at times, and I think he is more guilty of trying to do too much than not enough.

You mean the blooper that Jones tried to catch on a hop but instead skipped passed his glove untouched? That play didnt look very aggresive to me.

This is the worst center field play I've seen from an Oriole in quite some time. Poor Hammel.

Botched fly ball against the Twins. Botched fly ball against the Yankees. Botched fly ball against the Athletics. Botched bounce the other day against the Dodgers (I think). He's looked really bad.

Archived