vs. Texas 7/8 Bust a move.

weams

I looked at the O's spring training numbers last month, trust me you don't want to go there.

Spring training means nothing.

Baseball reference:

Casilla .8 WAR

Flaherty .2 WAR

Roberts -.1 WAR

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

Using WAR in spring training is inane. The point being is Roberts was showing signs of life in spring training, hit very well to start the season...and only played 3 games. But we let Reimold go 31 games with a 583 OPS in a position where we have options?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Using WAR in spring training is inane. The point being is Roberts was showing signs of life in spring training, hit very well to start the season...and only played 3 games. But we let Reimold go 31 games with a 583 OPS in a position where we have options?

That wasn't spring training WAR.

That was actual WAR, yes, despite his fabulous first three games and his home run Roberts is once again below replacement level. (not counting tonight's game)

Not sure why you are trying to force the narrative that I want Reimold to play more. I fully agree he underperformed and shouldn't be up right now.

That wasn't spring training WAR.

That was actual WAR, yes, despite his fabulous first three games and his home run Roberts is once again below replacement level. (not counting tonight's game)

Not sure why you are trying to force the narrative that I want Reimold to play more. I fully agree he underperformed and shouldn't be up right now.

I'm forcing the narrative that you want both down. Reimold doesn't belong here. He should have still been rehabbing or cut completely.

Roberts deserves a chance to at least go a month. We wasted Flaherty completely sucking for a month...same w/ Casilla. It's a different situation. OF/DH = we have options. 2B = we don't have options. Hence, Roberts stays.

Man. If we were just 3-12 with RISP, this game is probably tied, or we may have the lead due to the other opportunities those hits would've created.

Remember the bloop hit they had before the Kinsler 3 run double? Casilla drilled a ball right at the SS. Yes we have had a poor night but those two bad breaks and it is a completely different game.

I'm forcing the narrative that you want both down. Reimold doesn't belong here. He should have still been rehabbing or cut completely.

Roberts deserves a chance to at least go a month. We wasted Flaherty completely sucking for a month...same w/ Casilla. It's a different situation. OF/DH = we have options. 2B = we don't have options. Hence, Roberts stays.

No he doesn't. He had 16 games last year and clocked in at -1.0 WAR.

The O's are in the playoff hunt. Nobody "deserves" playing time if there is a better option sitting on the bench.

This ain't prior seasons where it didn't matter if they finished with 68 or 69 wins.

Hate when Nick swings at the 1st pitch. He always seems to pop out or ground out weakly.

Yea he sucks on the first pitch 429 avg. with a 1.007 OPS on the first pitch of an AB. Wish he would suck like that on all of the other pitches. :rolleyes:

No he doesn't. He had 16 games last year and clocked in at -1.0 WAR.

The O's are in the playoff hunt. Nobody "deserves" playing time if there is a better option sitting on the bench.

This ain't prior seasons where it didn't matter if they finished with 68 or 69 wins.

So you're starting Flaherty or Casilla over Roberts?

This isn't even remotely the same argument as Reimold because there are better options. At 2B there aren't much better options. Anyone who knows anything about anything knows Roberts was frail last year because he couldn't workout during the offseason. He looked much improved in ST and to start the season.

Archived