Orioles RISP Tracking Thread

JTrea81

I appreciate the time you took to look up a bunch of numbers. Even if your end goal, to fire Jim Presley and take the Orioles to task for what are essentially natural variations around a mean, are ludicrous.

My goal is not to fire Jim Presley. I'm just raising awareness because I am highly concerned that what cost this team a chance to go further in the playoffs in 2012 seems to be ending their playoff chances in 2013. The Orioles need to do something to correct this or they will miss the playoffs.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend, this is a message board and everyone here is absolutely entitled to their opinions. You are not however, entitled to your own facts. And you certainly are not entitled to completely fabricate drivel to make a point.

Look up their stats - 10th in OPS with the bases empty (.726), 21st in OPS (.661) with the bases juiced. That's not fabrication, it's fact.

Look up their stats - 10th in OPS with the bases empty (.726), 21st in OPS (.661) with the bases juiced. That's not fabrication, it's fact.

What's their OPS rank with runners in scoring position again?

How many teams are hitting better than them in those situations?

and talk about the ultimate LOL, just found this.

OPS with bases loaded -

Los Angeles Dodgers: .545 (29th in MLB)

Their offense seems to be doing pretty well enough.

Overall Stats for the year - .265 BA .317 OBP .440 SLG .757 OPS

RISP for the year - .275 BA .336 OBP .447 SLG .783 OPS

So in all categories they are better with RISP. I am just not sure what you want from them. They hit better they get on base better and they slug better with RISP.

They do on average, but game to game this is not the truth, especially in the 2nd half. The key is to find stats with splits for the 2nd half and then use those to compare to the first half. Unfortunately no common site accessible to fans anyway has that information as they only allow split data to be viewed over the course of a full season. As I've said you'd have to compile that data yourself as I've done with RISP.

They do on average, but game to game this is not the truth, especially in the 2nd half. The key is to find stats with splits for the 2nd half and then use those to compare to the first half. Unfortunately no common site accessible to fans anyway has that information as they only allow split data to be viewed over the course of a full season. As I've said you'd have to compile that data yourself as I've done with RISP.

How many games have they played in the 2nd half? 30? Small. Sample. Size.

I was at the game on Monday, so you don't need to remind me that there have been some frustrating games recently. I guess the question, though, is why do you think it's because of anything other than random chance?

How many games have they played in the 2nd half? 30? Small. Sample. Size.

I was at the game on Monday, so you don't need to remind me that there have been some frustrating games recently. I guess the question, though, is why do you think it's because of anything other than random chance?

Choking because of the hitting coach.

My goal is not to fire Jim Presley. I'm just raising awareness because I am highly concerned that what cost this team a chance to go further in the playoffs in 2012 seems to be ending their playoff chances in 2013. The Orioles need to do something to correct this or they will miss the playoffs.

Clearly they must change "the culture of failing to hit with RISP" #wining #anddining

Perhaps you could start an on-line forum dedicated to this?

Archived