Orioles 40-man Roster Tracker

Oldorioles

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Now that the first former O's have declared free agency, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for the upcoming year which tracks all the 40-man transactions of the Orioles for the 2014 season along with their remaining options. Just like last year, players who have had an option used for the 2014 season will be shown in BOLD.

Found below are the current members of the 40-man roster and their remaining options. Current number of players on roster is 37.

Three Options Remaining:

- Chen

- Flaherty

- Gamboa

- Joseph

- Machado

- Walker

- Wilson

- Wright

Two Options Remaining:

- T. Berry

- Drake

- McFarland

- Ohlman

- Schoop

- Urrutia

One Option Remaining:

- Q. Berry

- Bundy

- Clevenger

- Gausman

- Gonzalez

- Hassan

No Options Remaining:

- Brach

- Britton

- Davis (suspended)

- de Aza

- Hunter

- Lough

- Matusz

- Navarro

- Paredes

- Pearce

- Tillman

- Webb

Need Player Permission to Option (5 years MLB experience):

- Hardy

- Jimenez

- A. Jones

- Norris

- O'Day

- Wieters

Bump of the Option Years thread.

It would be nice if the title could be changed to reflect that it is Option Years and be stickied back at the top.

Navarro has three options left. In Roch's blog today it says this year is his first time on the major league roster. Options can't be used unless a player has been on the major league roster.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/02/hearing-from-wallace-navarro-and-joseph.html

You have him in the list twice. Once with three once and once with no options.

Navarro has three options left. In Roch's blog today it says this year is his first time on the major league roster. Options can't be used unless a player has been on the major league roster.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/02/hearing-from-wallace-navarro-and-joseph.html

You have him in the list twice. Once with three once and once with no options.

Thanks for catching this, it's been edited.

Delmon Young is out for options.

Not on the 40 man but three players that have majors league experience signed to minor league contracts are:

Arencibia who as one option left and

Reimold who is out of options and

Lavarnway who is out of options.

It's true that Delmon has no options left, but I have him in the next category, because with over five years of MLB experience we would need his permission to ever do something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Really wish this thread could get moved back to the main forum and not in Orioles History. The option year information is extremely important.

-Remove Ohlman

-Add Cabrera with one option year

I know this is a 40 man roster thread but it would be nice to have option year information on players that might make the roster (Arencibia, Nix, Lavarnway, etc).

EDITL I see Wildcard beat me to the recommendations.

Woohoo, the higher ups listened. Maybe we should also rename the title to 2015 as to not risk any confusion?

Since it started in 2013, I felt it would be confusing to have a current date attached. It now is timeless. Historical, as it were.

Archived