Oriole players are upset WOW

Greg

It could be that Beane will flip him at the deadline when there are are fewer closers available and the demand will be higher.

I actually think its more like he will keep him and compete all year and then tender him a contract next off season and laugh when he collects the draft pick...in exchange of Jemile Weeks.

Then he goes out and gets Gentry and Gregerson, and the A's and Rays (in other moves) show the other GMs how to manage a low budget team.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually think its more like he will keep him and compete all year and then tender him a contract next off season and laugh when he collects the draft pick...in exchange of Jemile Weeks.

Then he goes out and gets Gentry and Gregerson, and the A's and Rays (in other moves) show the other GMs how to manage a low budget team.

If he makes a qualifying offer to JJ he'll end up paying $14.5M for a closer. That ain't happening.

Holy crap Peter Schmuck just killed the owner on WBAL.

I'm loving this players and now the media this is great.

This is some of what he wrote this morning.
Still, when the Oakland A's are the team taking your salary dump, what does that say about the commitment of Orioles ownership to continue building a strong AL East contender?

Johnson struggled at times last season, but it's not like the Orioles have a big surplus of good arms in the bullpen. The only way this makes sense is if Dan Duquette has a truly significant pitching move up his sleeve and springs it soon.

So far, the Orioles have restocked their 40-man roster with a group of unknown soldiers after a season in which they made big gains in attendance and broadcast ratings. It would seem like a logical time to use some of that additional revenue to add a couple of decent free agents, but -- so far -- it looks like the front office is under orders to hold down the payroll.

source -Peter Schmuck

Holy crap Peter Schmuck just killed the owner on WBAL.

I'm loving this players and now the media this is great.

I heard that as well. Called out Angelos, plain and simple on the flagship station. I thought it was funny once WBAL got the Orioles back Schmuck's Saturday radio show went away. To be fair though I have seen him on MASN at times.

Archived