Orioles have agreed to terms with OF Tyler Colvin

Greg

Question, without having seen any of Spring Training or too much of how the players look thus far, who would you want as our LF going into Opening Day?

I'd have to say Urrutia, myself. He was tearing it up in the minors and I think it's just a matter of time before he figures it out at the big-league level.

Lough and it isn't close.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Colvin's only decent season was 2012. Please remember that he played with Colorado and his splits were:

Home: .338/.380/.652/1.032

Away: .244/.274/.413/.687

False. See 2010 with the Cubs. If he is healthy, this looks like a shot worth taking.

Question, without having seen any of Spring Training or too much of how the players look thus far, who would you want as our LF going into Opening Day?

I'd have to say Urrutia, myself. He was tearing it up in the minors and I think it's just a matter of time before he figures it out at the big-league level.

I want Lough myself. I really think Henry could use some more time at AAA, he needs to work on his overall game. He can always be an option to come up as the season progresses.

I want Lough myself. I really think Henry could use some more time at AAA, he needs to work on his overall game. He can always be an option to come up as the season progresses.

That's perfectly fair. I would have no issue with Lough at all and you're probably right about Henry. I don't know, I just have a hunch that he's going to be a big contributor sooner than some might think.

That's perfectly fair. I would have no issue with Lough at all and you're probably right about Henry. I don't know, I just have a hunch that he's going to be a big contributor sooner than some might think.

I hope you are right, he seems to have a lot of raw skill. Players like him and Lough will be very important with our lack of position players in the minors.

On a deal like this does he have options available?

Talk about an up and down career, 2011 looks like it was special, wow. Can you imagine giving 200 ABs to... never mind we have.

Punctured lung late in 2010, missed remainder of season. I'm not sure what the recovery time on something like that is, and whether it may have affected Colvin's 2011.

I expect Henry to be brought up at some point and be a big contributor from then on. He's liable to show a lot more in the field this year than he did last year, simply because he hadn't played in so long. I'd like for them to get a good look at him in Norfolk before he deals with the pressures of MLB.

Archived