So who goes?

Hank Scorpio

I won't even agree with this. Losing by 3 on the road isn't definitive proof that OSU is better than Michigan.

So now wins & losses don't determine who's better? Why even play the games in the first place, we'll all just vote.

I don't care if it's 3 points or 100, Michigan got beat = Ohio State is better.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it does. Its the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. By definition its the most important game of the year. Whoever wins it is the National Champion.

Depends on how you view a college football "Championship" game. To me, without a playoff system, a championship game is just another game. It's a bunch of sports writers deciding what game they'd rather see.

Bottom line, there is no such thing as a college football championship. Theres a college football popularity title.

So now wins & losses don't determine who's better? Why even play the games in the first place, we'll all just vote.

I don't care if it's 3 points or 100, Michigan got beat = Ohio State is better.

I don't think its that definitive when its such a close game and Michigan was playing at OSU.

I certainly think OSU is better, I don't think anybody will argue otherwise, but its moreso because of the other 10 games of the season, not because of a 3 point victory at home.

I am not sure why everyone thinks that Michigan is so good.

There best game this year was a loss at OSU...Next best game was a huge win at ND, a very overrated team as it turns out.

So, really, what they have done that is so impressive?

The Wisconsin win is the best win on their schedule IMO.

Good chance OSU and Michigan lose at least 1 game in the SEC.

I think i would go with Florida.

There best game this year was a loss at OSU...Next best game was a huge win at ND, a very overrated team as it turns out.

This is just wrong.

The Notre Dame game on the road was their best, followed by the win vs. Wisconsin. OSU spread out their defense and made them look bad. That was the 2nd WORST game they played all season, trumped only by the egg they laid vs. Ball State. Look at the numbers - Michigan's defense was allowing an average of 28 yards per game before the OSU game.

All of this Urban Meyer hating is absolutely rediculous.

What the heck to do expect him to do. sit there while come idiotic sports writers steal the National Championship away from his team? Of course he is going to campaign!! If your school was in the hunt, and they had a shot at getting in, you would want your school to do anything in it's power to get there. That is what Urban is doing. If you don't want to hear it, well then all I can say is that it sucks for you. As long as the BCS is in place there is no way to get around it.

I can't say with Michigan as I haven't watched them all that much this year but I can't argue w/all the props they get as I haven't seen anything to make me question it. However I've seen UF against Kentucky, Auburn, GA, South Carolina and FSU and while I think they are good team I don't think they are a great team, certainly not one of the best two teams in the country.

I sure wish we had a playoff as I think 2 of the top 3 teams in the country will be playing in the Rose Bowl.

All of this Urban Meyer hating is absolutely rediculous.

What the heck to do expect him to do. sit there while come idiotic sports writers steal the National Championship away from his team? Of course he is going to campaign!! If your school was in the hunt, and they had a shot at getting in, you would want your school to do anything in it's power to get there. That is what Urban is doing. If you don't want to hear it, well then all I can say is that it sucks for you. As long as the BCS is in place there is no way to get around it.

He should understand the history of his program before running his mouth. His justification - that UM had their shot and doesn't deserve it is ridiculous coming from the leader of a program who won a National Championship after getting their shot and getting a second chance against FSU. Does Urban think the '96 Gator title is illegitmate? You'd have to think so if you apply his reasoning to the logical conclusion.

Of all the reasoning put forth by the "experts" as to why UF should be voted over it's SOS, winning the conference, being in the SEC etc... About the only argument that just about noone is willing to make is that UF is better than Michigan which is strange since the stated goal of the BCS is to match up the two best teams in the country.

He should understand the history of his program before running his mouth. His justification - that UM had their shot and doesn't deserve it is ridiculous coming from the leader of a program who won a National Championship after getting their shot and getting a second chance against FSU. Does Urban think the '96 Gator title is illegitmate? You'd have to think so if you apply his reasoning to the logical conclusion.

Of all the reasoning put forth by the "experts" as to why UF should be voted over it's SOS, winning the conference, being in the SEC etc... About the only argument that just about noone is willing to make is that UF is better than Michigan which is strange since the stated goal of the BCS is to match up the two best teams in the country.

Urban was not the leader of that team... he had nothing to do with it. He is going to use all of the possible excuses he can to get his team to that National Championship. The 96 championship is over and has been, so there is no reason to bring it in to this equation.

LA Times is reporting that it will be Florida versus OSU for the title.

Michigan will play USC in the Rose Bowl.

And it's really hard to argue against that, truthfully.

I doubt you'll heard Lloyd Carr jumping up and down crying about it, though. The system is what it is. Urban Meyer whining sure isn't going to change it. I'm not a Florida "hater", I'm just not convinced that the SEC is so far and away the best conference in America, that's all.

UM - USC should be a good game.

I don't think Florida can hang with OSU. Hopefully they can and do and it's a good game.

Florida is ranked #2 in the coaches poll. I think they get in over Michigan.

Burds...Let me rephrase it...The way people are talking, the reason they should be in is because they only lost by 3 in Columbus. A loss is why they should be in?

Well... yes, their loss is "stronger" than Florida's loss to a 2 loss Auburn team. But that's not the reason they should be in, the reason they should be in is that they were #3, #2 lost and they were idle.

I just think that if UM had played OSU in week #4 and lost by 3 points they'd be in. The OSU loss is fresh in coaches & voter's heads.

It is what it is. It's hard to argue against Florida, just as it's hard to argue against UM.

Every coach in the SEC has said that LSU is the most talented team in the conference.

Florida would not beat LSU in LSU or on a neutral field.

I know this is a late response, but while this is likely true I don't think LSU is the best team in the conference. Florida is probably the best team, but I don't think that the SEC is everything the media blows it up to be.

Archived