Fred Manfra's a Lousy Announcer Thread

Billy Button

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fred has been the O's announcer for many years and he's just as bad now as he was when he started. Either he is unable to improve on his shortcomings or nobody has ever told him and he just doesn't know. If the latter is the case, then shame on management.

Maybe you can post your name and occupation and place of work so Fred can post about how you suck about your job on the Internet. If you don't like his announcing than don't listen to him.

Remus is impressed with this thread.

:thumbsup1::thumbsup1::thumbsup1::thumbsup1:

GREAT friggin show!

I'll be honest......Fred used to irritate me quite a bit. Then I listened to a couple of other announcers, and I'll never knock him again. It's easy to take for granted what you have when you don't know any better.......

I have the MLB AT BAT app for my phone.....$19.99 per season and you can choose your audio feed, so you can listen to either broadcast team. $20 well spent, IMO. Every now and then, I'll check out the other team's feed mainly for curiousity's sake, and I'm usually switching back to Joe and Fred within minutes. We have a very good broadcast team that we should all be proud of.

I can't watch MFY/O games on L=MLBTV because I live in New York so I always listen to Joe and Fred. And Whenever Hunter is in the TV booth I switch to the radio.

I stream the game on my computer and have a HDMI cable connecting my computer to the TV.

Fred used to irritate me with his lack of in game analysis but you know what.........................he get's his 3 innings and is like an old friend, great voice, loves the O's, he's grown on me and I resent your attack billie! Fred is one of us!

I watch most of the ball games on TV however I catch the radio broadcast from time to time in my car. I was wondering if someone could explain the arrangement between Manfra and Angel. I know they both share play by play duties, how many innings does each one do/when do they switch?

How long has this been going on? Why did the station decide to use this set up?

Thanks

I watch most of the ball games on TV however I catch the radio broadcast from time to time in my car. I was wondering if someone could explain the arrangement between Manfra and Angel. I know they both share play by play duties, how many innings does each one do/when do they switch?

How long has this been going on? Why did the station decide to use this set up?

Thanks

I believe Joe does 2, Fred does 2, and they continue that through 8. Joe does the 9th inning.

Archived