Schoop over Flaherty?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking if JJ is healthy and Manny is back healthy' date=' Schoop stays and Flaherty goes down to play regulary while Lombarozzi is the utility guy.[/quote']Why keep Lombo over Flash as UTIF? Flaherty plays 65 positions well. Lombo doesn't really play SS and he doesn't play 2B/3B better than Flaherty. If you check out his career numbers he doesn't hit any better either.

Why keep Lombo over Flash as UTIF? Flaherty plays 65 positions well. Lombo doesn't really play SS and he doesn't play 2B/3B better than Flaherty. If you check out his career numbers he doesn't hit any better either.

I agree, dump Lombo just like the Gnats did he is not good.

I like Lombo. I just can't think of a better UTIF than Flaherty in the game really.

Agree about Flaherty. He is the ultimate utility player, and our best 2B. He plays all 4 infield positions well, and in a pinch, can sub as a corner OF'er. The cherry on top is that he can hit more than his weight, and do so with some power.

Logic says the switch-hitting Lombardozzi stays, and Schoop goes down when Manny comes back.

Agree about Flaherty. He is the ultimate utility player, and our best 2B. He plays all 4 infield positions well, and in a pinch, can sub as a corner OF'er. The cherry on top is that he can hit more than his weight, and do so with some power.

Logic says the switch-hitting Lombardozzi stays, and Schoop goes down when Manny comes back.

That's a tiny cherry! Flaherty's career BA is .217--.167 this season. Corresponding OPS+'s are 73 and 20.

• 2 weeks later...
Flaherty > Lombo. If he isn't 2B this year he is not likely going to be. Depends on how well Schoop hits, and Manny recovers from his injury..

Both guys have pretty good gloves. Flaherty's batting is not real good .217 so far. Lombardozzi is a .266 hitter and can play small ball and be a table setter. Plus he's 2 years younger than Flaherty. I'm guessing people like the upside power ...but he's definitely has a whole in his swing and needs to adjust.

Both guys have pretty good gloves. Flaherty's batting is not real good .217 so far. Lombardozzi is a .266 hitter and can play small ball and be a table setter. Plus he's 2 years younger than Flaherty. I'm guessing people like the upside power ...but he's definitely has a whole in his swing and needs to adjust.
Lombo's arm is not so good, slow on the DP's. Could never play SS or 3B.

Archived