Shorebird's Mike Yastrzemski is a Complete Player

DrShorebird

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize he is a bit old for this level as it has been stated, but I have to admit that "Little Yaz" is one of the players that I check for in the box scores every night. He has 14 doubles,10 triples,10 homers,44 rbi,12 stolen bases and to boot 11 outfield assists so far. Man if there is a fantasy league for minors baseball he would be a stud! I sure wish he were a little younger or I hope he gets promoted and keeps on rolling.

He's a leader in almost every offensive category and plays good defense. That's a really impressive number of triples. It must be a pleasure to watch him. He certainly deserves a quick promotion to Frederick. Question - not a big deal, but what's his height? He's listed at 5'11, but a scouting report I read said he's 5'8.

• 3 weeks later...

But no OF assists...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, Yastrzemski becomes the first Key to hit for the cycle since Jeff Fiorentino on May 2, 2005 against Winston-Salem.</p>— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) <a href="

">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But no OF assists...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, Yastrzemski becomes the first Key to hit for the cycle since Jeff Fiorentino on May 2, 2005 against Winston-Salem.</p>— Frederick Keys (@FrederickKeys) <a href="

">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tough crowd!!!!

It appears Yaz II can't be stopped, go get 'em kid.

Yaz III? :scratchchinhmm:

He has his grandfather to help him work through the slumps.

"PERSONAL- Michael Andrew Yastrzemski (Ya-strem-ski)... Born 8/23/90... Son of Mike and Anne-Marie Yastrzemski... Grandson of Boston Red Sox Hall of Famer, Carl Yastrzemski... Father was a third-round draft pick by the Atlanta Braves in 1984 and played for the White Sox at the Triple-A level... Nickname is Yaz... Favorites include Chase Utley (athlete), Boondock Saints (movie), Homeland (TV show), Mark Wahlberg (actor), Steak (food) and Dave Matthews Band (musician)... His advice to youngsters is to always work hard... Chose Vanderbilt because it offered the best combination of athletics and academics."

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/yastrzemski_mike00.html

Archived