Chris Davis should be getting more criticism

geimans35

There is no way that he should be hitting anywhere higher than 7th.

Yeah, I am fine with him working through things but that is all on Buck for batting him so high and killing rallies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is beyond past time to platoon him with Pearce at first with Pearce shifting to DH against RHP.

And when he is playing against RHP, bat Pearce fifth, Hardy second, and Davis sixth.

Pearce has by now proven that his hot streak is more than a fluke; Davis has unfortunately proven that his struggles this season are real struggles and not just a temporary slump. I will be shocked if he finishes above .240 this year or has an OPS over .800. He probably won't start remedying whatever is wrong with him this year be it injury or bad mechanics until the offseason

It's off limits to talk about giving Davis a rest so he can figure out his swing... That is, until Buck does it

Just like it was off limits to suggest Machado should hit lower in the lineup for a litany of reasons.

Just like it was foolish to think Pearce should get more playing time, or heck, even play first and move Davis to third.

Some things are just not valid suggestions until the manager actually does them.

It's off limits to talk about giving Davis a rest so he can figure out his swing... That is, until Buck does it

Just like it was off limits to suggest Machado should hit lower in the lineup for a litany of reasons.

Just like it was foolish to think Pearce should get more playing time, or heck, even play first and move Davis to third.

Some things are just not valid suggestions until the manager actually does them.

Why so? I think dropping Chris a few slots, or moving him up to second are excellent ideas right now. Or even giving him off two days a week.

Why so? I think dropping Chris a few slots, or moving him up to second are excellent ideas right now. Or even giving him off two days a week.

It's not. It's entirely reasonable to me.

I just have to laugh when suggestions like these sometimes get shouted down.

Sitting Davis is a suggestion that has been bandied about before, but been met with lots of resistance. Perhaps it's becoming more popular the longer the he is out there looking like this.

My point is that sometimes ideas like these are brought up and people think they're insane or baseless - because stats. But by watching the at bats you can tell something is wrong.

I'd platoon him with Pearce until he figures things out.

I honestly think it's the best thing for him.

Let him sit against lefties and hopefully, HOPEFULLY get his confidence back against righties. Then eventually ease him back into a full time player.

But the situation now is completely untenable, I do not care what he has done in his past. Buck has to deal with the reality of the situation.

Pearce starts at 1st against lefties and Delmon DH's. It's time.

Davis is hurting the team right now - 6 K's today in 8 AB's - and has gone from looking lost at the plate to looking foolish. And apparently, he refuses to bunt, or alter his swing to hit against the shift. I agree with those suggesting that Buck should sit him down for a few games, and most certainly against LH pitching. If he had an option, I would seriously consider sending him down to Norfolk to find his stroke again.

Mark Reynolds puts up better numbers than this and most people seemed to dislike him. Batting him 4th and 5th night after night is a joke. The only way he should start either game in Washington is if Steve Pearce gets hurt. He shouldn't start another game vs a left handed starter for the rest of the year. Pearce and Young are both better vs lefties than him.

As long as we keep reading how great of an AB he had and how hard he runs out his outs from Showalter, we're stuck with him in this lineup. He definitely belongs on the bench against any lefty and I think he needs to go down to Norfolk to get some confidence again. I understand that will never happen, but anyone they would want to bring up, would not do any worse than he is at this time

Archived