Zach Britton = Mariano Rivera?

Aristotelian

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too. I guess my comment was kind of funny, but it was meant to be bitter.

It feels like 90% of our tough losses come vs them. The playoffs tow years ago. JJ blew one close to a year ago there on a Friday. We had that crazy comeback at home in September and JJ imploded in a tie game. It is almost as if we have a mental block vs that team. Britton needs to be better. Tanaka on Sunday. I try not to get to worked up over one game but that was huge.

It feels like 90% of our tough losses come vs them. The playoffs tow years ago. JJ blew one close to a year ago there on a Friday. We had that crazy comeback at home in September and JJ imploded in a tie game. It is almost as if we have a mental block vs that team. Britton needs to be better. Tanaka on Sunday. I try not to get to worked up over one game but that was huge.

I share your outrage ed!

It feels like 90% of our tough losses come vs them. The playoffs tow years ago. JJ blew one close to a year ago there on a Friday. We had that crazy comeback at home in September and JJ imploded in a tie game. It is almost as if we have a mental block vs that team. Britton needs to be better. Tanaka on Sunday. I try not to get to worked up over one game, but that was huge.

That game WAS big.

But, tomorrow's game is even bigger.

Dick Motta, before Game Three of the 1978 N.B.A. Finals against the SuperSonics, with the series tied at 1 game apiece:

"This game is very big."

Dick Motta, after the Bullets lost Game Three of those 1978 N.B.A. Finals, and went down 2 games to 1:

"Game Three WAS big. And now, Game Four is even bigger."

The Bullets won Game Four, evening the series at 2 games apiece, and getting themselves right back into the hunt for the title.

Uh yeah. Ever since the 96 playoffs it's been the same old story vs. the MFY. Sure, we have won a few here and there, but when it comes to late-inning, heart-breaking collapses, the Yankees have owned us for most of my adult life. It's to the point that when Gardner gets that leadoff single I am thinking HERE WE GO. Even with a two run lead and our supposed "new and improved" closer on the hill.

Uh yeah. Ever since the 96 playoffs it's been the same old story vs. the MFY. Sure, we have won a few here and there, but when it comes to late-inning, heart-breaking collapses, the Yankees have owned us for most of my adult life. It's to the point that when Gardner gets that leadoff single I am thinking HERE WE GO. Even with a two run lead and our supposed "new and improved" closer on the hill.

I know we stunk for a lot of years. In big games we have lost more late games vs them then being outplayed from start to finish. We get beat 3-0 tonight, you move on. A lot of late losses vs this team the last 3 years alone.

Man, classic jinx post. I apologize to the entire OH for starting a positive thread about ZB. Reverse jinxes and criticisms of Buck and our players from here on out.

Not your fault.

Britton would have blown the game, regardless of what you had or had not posted.

You're good.

Me too. I guess my comment was kind of funny, but it was meant to be bitter.

When you are an Oriole fan living behind enemy lines, and the 9 people you are assigned to work with every night are all Yankees fans, I guess you develop thick skin. I was mad for about 10 minutes while co-workers crushed me, then I got over it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When you are an Oriole fan living behind enemy lines, and the 9 people you are assigned to work with every night are all Yankees fans, I guess you develop thick skin. I was mad for about 10 minutes while co-workers crushed me, then I got over it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've had dreams like this, after which I wake up in a cold sweat in the fetal position. I feel for you, my friend, especially after last night!

It feels like 90% of our tough losses come vs them. The playoffs tow years ago. JJ blew one close to a year ago there on a Friday. We had that crazy comeback at home in September and JJ imploded in a tie game. It is almost as if we have a mental block vs that team. Britton needs to be better. Tanaka on Sunday. I try not to get to worked up over one game, but that was huge.
That game WAS big.

But, tomorrow's game is even bigger.

Dick Motta, before Game Three of the 1978 N.B.A. Finals against the SuperSonics, with the series tied at 1 game apiece:

"This game is very big."

Dick Motta, after the Bullets lost Game Three of those 1978 N.B.A. Finals, and went down 2 games to 1:

"Game Three WAS big. And now, Game Four is even bigger."

The Bullets won Game Four, evening the series at 2 games apiece, and getting themselves right back into the hunt for the title.

o

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

DICK MOTTA

Archived