(Almost) All Things Manny Machado....

EagleOriole

Since Manny will become a free agent after his age 26 season, it's likely that different fans will be rooting for him when he reaches his ceiling. If the O's have any hopes of locking him up for a few more years, they'd better do it now. If he hits his 2nd year of arbitration without an extension, he'll be as good as gone.

Since Manny will become a free agent after his age 26 season, it's likely that different fans will be rooting for him when he reaches his ceiling. If the O's have any hopes of locking him up for a few more years, they'd better do it now. If he hits his 2nd year of arbitration without an extension, he'll be as good as gone.

This.

I'd do all I can to sign Manny long-term ASAP. I believe in him and — well, lock him up now before it's obvious that he's one of the best players in baseball.

This.

I'd do all I can to sign Manny long-term ASAP. I believe in him and — well, lock him up now before it's obvious that he's one of the best players in baseball.

He had a 6 win season last year. I think the word is out.

The time to sign him was last offseason when he had the experience of a season ending injury fresh in his memory.

Yes I know that sounds terrible, the truth often does.

Wasn't he compared to Arod?

I was gonna say, if he starts juicing he will be as good haha.

Also hard to tell. He is going to get bigger and that could always effect his swing/timing. Who knows. But he should be a damn good player all around abd make a few AllStar appearances throughout his career.

I think a better comp to Manny maybe Adrian Beltre if Manny stays at 3b I would love to see Manny with numbers near Beltre for his career. They both are great defensive guys as well. Beltre has been great his entire career except when he had to go to Seattle and try and hit there back in the day.

I was watching Manny warm up between innings. He takes the grounders right on the 3B line, at the very back of the dirt of the infield. In other words, just about the longest throw he'd ever have to make in a game. And he just throws from there, effortlessly, over and over between innings.

Getting back to the OP, I think Manny is going to be closer to Jones (.825-.850) than to a .900+ guy. But he is showing a bit more patience this year, and the power is starting to bloom, too. I think he can be a bit better than Jones as a hitter, with slightly less power but a better OBP.

Funny how a week or two changes the perception of this thread. I'm sure most people are adding at least 10% to his slash line than if you would have asked earlier.

I think that he should be able to attain a top 10 WAR in the league during his prime seasons. I would be mildly disappointed with anything less than a .290/.340/.500 slash and top 5 dWAR.

Funny how a week or two changes the perception of this thread. I'm sure most people are adding at least 10% to his slash line than if you would have asked earlier.

I think that he should be able to attain a top 10 WAR in the league during his prime seasons. I would be mildly disappointed with anything less than a .290/.340/.500 slash and top 5 dWAR.

Pretty good point.

Defensively he has way more ability than Beltre, though.

I just re-watched the play he made against the Yankees last year, for the first time in awhile. That throw :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Who else can do that?

Pvm01sp.gif

hBUKLlQ.gif

And, just because it's funny, here's Andrus messing with Beltre on some popups.

Q7pqtob.gif

4NYpFTi.gif

And people touching Beltre's head (which he doesn't like)

xJFHFfl.gif

• Upvote 1