A's may be willing to eat most of Jim Johnson's contract in a trade. Should O's consider? (DFA)

mdbdotcom

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How in the world did this turn into a Burnett thread?

As to Jim Johnson, I would have some interest in having him in the organization in 2015. But not now. His confidence is shot and whatever his problem is, it probably won't be fixed in the middle of a season.

I will believe Johnson can be effective again when I see it, so under no circumstances should the Os bring him back and hope he can contribute if given a non-closer role.

The prescription for Johnson at this point seems like he needs to go on to pitch in a different league where he can leave behind any lingering pressure of failing on the biggest stage. Play internationally, Jim. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have all that pressure thrust upon him the moment he comes back to the MLB, but it would atleast be a way for him to exorcise whatever demons possess his talents.

I will believe Johnson can be effective again when I see it, so under no circumstances should the Os bring him back and hope he can contribute if given a non-closer role.

The prescription for Johnson at this point seems like he needs to go on to pitch in a different league where he can leave behind any lingering pressure of failing on the biggest stage. Play internationally, Jim. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have all that pressure thrust upon him the moment he comes back to the MLB, but it would atleast be a way for him to exorcise whatever demons possess his talents.

They have limited slots for foreign born players in the NPB and KBO. I can't think of any examples of teams using them for a relief pitcher.

Who'da thunk? Sittin' drunk on a wagon to Mexico. Ah well, What a chump. Well my head got a bump. When I hit it on the radio.

They have limited slots for foreign born players in the NPB and KBO. I can't think of any examples of teams using them for a relief pitcher.

There really are not many opportunities for Anglos to play for money throughout the world.

Tough break for Jim.

Archived