vs. MARINERS, 8/02

OFFNY

Its not just the strikeouts, its the hideously bad at bats during these strikeouts .

You called him a dominant hard thrower in the thread you started about him. If he's that good, then we should expect bad AB's against such a dominant pitcher.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, in your scenario you have Wieters bunting? Are you that certain he can get one down? That it's a successful bunt that moves the runner into scoring position? Cuz I'm not.

I can't ever remember having seen Matt bunt, but I'm sure someone can look it up.

I know he bunted once in AA. It was a fairly big deal.

This is why you need to play fundamental baseball when you get runners on base. Runner on second, nobody out, try to hit to the right side to get them in or over. Runner on third, lesson two outs, look for a pitch to drive in the air to the outfield.

Do you ever think it was because most of our team was not used to being there?

We can Agree to Disagree on small ball in playoffs. We will find out in October.

o

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O (vs. MARINERS, 8/02)

IP:. 4

H:o 4 (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)

R:O 1

BB: 1

SO: 1

Pitches: 71 (46 Strikes, 25 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.71

PITCHES BY INNING

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls)

30 (18 Strikes, 12 Balls)

16 (10 Strikes, 61 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 41 Balls)

Give us 6 innings Miguel.

So, in your scenario you have Wieters bunting? Are you that certain he can get one down? That it's a successful bunt that moves the runner into scoring position? Cuz I'm not.

I can't ever remember having seen Matt bunt, but I'm sure someone can look it up.

Or Jim Thome. Maybe he could have.

You called him a dominant hard thrower in the thread you started about him. If he's that good, then we should expect bad AB's against such a dominant pitcher.

The 1st couple innings he was awful. This inning he wasn't so I think complaints should only be addressed to some of the earlier innings. He's always had good stuff, his location was just bad. Now it isn't and he's going to be hard to hit.

Archived