Nick Markakis wins Gold Glove

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Congratulations to Nick Markakis on winning his second career <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoldGlove?src=hash">#GoldGlove</a> Award! RT to say <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CongratsNick?src=hash">#CongratsNick</a>! <a href="http://t.co/wz4QUd8KDA">pic.twitter.com/wz4QUd8KDA</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">November 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That isn't the logic being used. Unfortunately this board is full of "he is slow as molasses" type analysis that tends to follow a group-think approach. Nick is a very good right fielder for lots of reasons, but many on this board sees his lack of speed (which is overstated IMO, he is slightly slower than average) and discount all the other things. It's fine and I'm over trying to debate this here, but I certainly don't appreciate the mantra that anyone who thinks he is a good outfielder is some simple minded buffoon who looks at error total. It just isn't so.

Nick is a very good defensive player who helps the team in a lot of ways. Congrats Nick!

Very nice post. He is out there in right field all year. And he still has an arm.

Yes, I chuckled.

Did you watch the Royal's outfield defense the last couple of years?

They are pretty clearly superior to the O's players (or anyone else for that matter).

I agree to a point. Cain was definitely snubbed (From not being in the running) and Gordon is amazing. However, I wouldn't say Cain is superior enough to Jones to warrant an argument, let alone a laugh that Jones won. And Markakis is a better fielder then whoever they play in LF (Unless Cain). So yes, I will agree that perhaps KC is better but not laughably better.

I agree to a point. Cain was definitely snubbed (From not being in the running) and Gordon is amazing. However, I wouldn't say Cain is superior enough to Jones to warrant an argument, let alone a laugh that Jones won. And Markakis is a better fielder then whoever they play in LF (Unless Cain). So yes, I will agree that perhaps KC is better but not laughably better.

I dont know how they decide who's eligible. But KC having so many defensive substitutions late in games probably hurt them.

Cain is far superior to jones defensively

Cain was more deserving then Jones (based off of ability not games played) and he isn't as good in Center as Dyson is. Gordon/Dyson/Cain is a pretty substantial improvement over what the O's have.

Cain is a superior talent for sure, but I have been told he doesn't always have the focus we saw in the series. I see him very little so I can't say for sure. He was amazing in the ALCS.

Gordon is very good but I personally don't think he has much more speed than Markakis and he doesn't throw quite as well.

My 2 cents

Totaly agree. Markakis and Gordon are similar. Markakis has the edge due to his arm. Jones is atleast as good as Cain. So I don't think it's laughable at all the Orioles have more OF GG then the Royals.

Cain was more deserving then Jones (based off of ability not games played) and he isn't as good in Center as Dyson is. Gordon/Dyson/Cain is a pretty substantial improvement over what the O's have.

Dyson? Who is that? Never heard of the man and would never like too.

Dyson can't play baseball. And he has no arm. He's fast. A track guy. Can't hit.

Archived