Post latest rumors on the Roberts trade here...

TerpmanJay

The whole basis of your bickering is you accusing him of using BA as a source of his weight loss and then using BA's comparison of Lieber to try to offset Skiba's belief of the very positive impact of his weight loss. You failed to realize BA mentiones he lost 10 pounds when he continued that and continued to add velocity by dropping an additional 15-20 pounds since that report. I don't see what's so uncalled for by Skiba.

The Manuel comment was a joke. Guess I should've used a smiley. None of my comments were derogatory. They were sourced from the prospect handbook, Bill James, and Keith Law. Yes, I use sources when I am referring to another team's players. I don't feel I said anything to get uspet about. Murton platooned last year and would platoon with Scott here based on what we've heard. I said I liked Gallagher - the 3/4 projections came from analysts.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Manuel comment was a joke. Guess I should've used a smiley. None of my comments were derogatory. They were sourced from the prospect handbook, Bill James, and Keith Law. Yes, I use sources when I am referring to another team's players. I don't feel I said anything to get uspet about. Murton platooned last year and would platoon with Scott here based on what we've heard. I said I liked Gallagher - the 3/4 projections came from analysts.

With all due respect, Keith Law is sorta the black sheep of prospect evaluation. He doesn't think Moustakas is in the top 10 of last year's draft class, among other glaring mistakes... He's simply not very good.

IMurton is a better hitter than Scott and plays adequate defense in LF, but not RF.

There is absolutely no evidence that this statement is true. Scott has been much better the last two years. He is certainly older, but still there is no evidence that Murton is a better hitter than Scott.

I understand that you use sources when learning about other teams players. That's not what i'm arguing about.

You said that Skiba used BA's handbook as his own personal "source" when evaluating Gallagher, which he obviously didn't. He was talking about Gallagher losing 25+lbs and adding the velocity to his fastball, and then you reply to him by saying the same article he used says that Gallagher's comparison is Jon Lieber. First, he didn't use that "article" when making his assessment (sp?), and second, the article was from awhile ago when Gallagher had only dropped 10 lbs., as the article states. Therefore, Skiba got mad because you said he was using something (which had outdated information) for his basis, which he in fact wasn't.

No biggie though, just trying to explain why he got mad.

There is absolutely no evidence that this statement is true. Scott has been much better the last two years. He is certainly older, but still there is no evidence that Murton is a better hitter than Scott.

There is a lot of evidence of this. First of all it took Scott until nearly 30 to make it. Secondly Scott has nearly every PA against righties. Murton on the other hand has more than 60% of his plate appearrances against righties.

There is a lot of evidence of this. First of all it took Scott until nearly 30 to make it. Secondly Scott has nearly every PA against righties. Murton on the other hand has more than 60% of his plate appearrances against righties.

He didn't break into the minors until 24.

I understand that you use sources when learning about other teams players. That's not what i'm arguing about.

You said that Skiba used BA's handbook as his own personal "source" when evaluating Gallagher, which he obviously didn't. He was talking about Gallagher losing 25+lbs and adding the velocity to his fastball, and then you reply to him by saying the same article he used says that Gallagher's comparison is Jon Lieber. First, he didn't use that "article" when making his assessment (sp?), and second, the article was from awhile ago when Gallagher had only dropped 10 lbs., as the article states. Therefore, Skiba got mad because you said he was using something (which had outdated information) for his basis, which he in fact wasn't.

No biggie though, just trying to explain why he got mad.

It's over - never meant to be derogatory in any way.

And again...I have been very consistent in my positive personal opinions about Gallagher going back to the first time his name came up. I think my comments over the past two/three months have been more positive about him than what the analysts say. I have never said I wouldn't welcome him in a trade.

When Hendry tells the press in Chicago he plans on talking to MacPhail again before Wednesday consider it done. Roberts has told people in Chicago he would like to play there and wants to play on a contending team. It's just a matter of dotting the i's and Peter won't hold up this deal. Roberts hanging out with Gibbons and the Mitchell Report have changed peoples opinions in town about Roberts. He is still a very popular player and I admit he and Markakis are 1 and 2 with me. Hill, Murton and ?

When Hendry tells the press in Chicago he plans on talking to MacPhail again before Wednesday consider it done. Roberts has told people in Chicago he would like to play there and wants to play on a contending team. It's just a matter of dotting the i's and Peter won't hold up this deal. Roberts hanging out with Gibbons and the Mitchell Report have changed peoples opinions in town about Roberts. He is still a very popular player and I admit he and Markakis are 1 and 2 with me. Hill, Murton and ?

There is no way Hill will be included in a deal for Roberts.

If Hill is in that deal, either Jones and Roberts, or Markakis and Roberts are coming back. Roberts on his own isn't even close in value to Hill.

If Hill is in that deal, either Jones and Roberts, or Markakis and Roberts are coming back. Roberts on his own isn't even close in value to Hill.

LOL. I couldn't wait to hear the reponses to that one. I agree with you Rob. Rich Hill is not being traded by the Cubs. If a trade is going to get done I see Murton, Gallagher, Cedeno, Patterson, Veal, Fontenot and Marshall as available pieces. I think AM wants Pie or Colvin to be made available as well. Personally, I don't trade with the Cubs without getting Murton and Gallagher. Murton is a ML hitter. Gallagher appears to be the real deal. Cedeno and Patterson are risky, but talented. I'd take those four in the position we're in.

Archived