March 3 - At Dodgertown

beardbr

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am being completely serious. A team has to have at least four regulars for an away game in ST.

The Mets got in trouble the other day, because they only sent Ryan Church.

Well the Orioles don't have an assigned regular SS and we don't know if Roberts is going to be here.

I don't see why MLB should have a problem, but they probably will

So that would rule out Quiroz, not sure about Redman.

It is also in reference to the line-up, not the pitching staff.

The Orioles have Markakis, Jones, Scott, Roberts, Mora, Millar, Huff, Hernandez, and Payton who could all fit the bill really though.

I don't know that Quiroz is ruled out. The rule is still unclear on "regular" as to whether it can be a backup or whether it must be a starter. Quiroz has a "reasonable chance" to become a regular this year.

Could be argued that with the fluidity of trades and such, and many will shriek at this, but with a Roberts trade both Torres and Fahey have a "reaonable chance" to be regular 2B's this year.

I agree there is a lot of stretching but I have to think the rule is enforced subjectively, and as such you can't possibly target a team with as much roster fluidity as the Orioles right now.

Check out Matt Riley's Sally League debut at Delmarva :

W L ERA G GS CG SH GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP BK H9 HR9 BB9 K9 WHIP GB%

5 4 1.19 16 14 0 0 0 0 83.0 42 19 11 0 44 136 9 3 4.55 0.00 4.77 14.75 1.04

Friggin' ridiculous.

Nasty K:9.

Check out Matt Riley's Sally League debut at Delmarva :

W L ERA G GS CG SH GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP BK H9 HR9 BB9 K9 WHIP GB%

5 4 1.19 16 14 0 0 0 0 83.0 42 19 11 0 44 136 9 3 4.55 0.00 4.77 14.75 1.04

Friggin' ridiculous.

Yeah so we never know how a prospect will turn out, no matter how good they look at the lower levels and what we expect from them. I like all the new prospects we've gotten back in trades though.

Archived